NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

4 hours ago, Busch Strowman said:

The Knicks will be good.  In 2023.

It makes me so happy to see Phil Jackson failing at being a GM. I told people for years that he was just lucky to coach the players he did and that he could never put a winning team together. I only feel bad that he had to drag Jeff Hornacek over there to be his coach. Hornacek has potential to be a great coach and Jackson is gonna ruin him.

I guess it's more the people that would compare him to Red Auerbach. Jackson was a very good coach, but he could never build his own team like Auerbach did nor could he take a bad team and turn them good. Jackson's coaching ability is overstated because of the players and teams he coached.

I hate the continuation rule when a guy gets fouled behind the 3 point line and throws it up one handed behind his back or some shit. It's just ridiculous. That's not being fouled in the act of shooting that's a guy throwing up a bullshit shot and trying to pretend that's what he was going for all along

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lars Kuyt said:

Curry taking a nap. Reallystarting to hate the Guy.

Did anyone ask him?  Do we even know the context or are you just jumping on what the internet decided was going on there?  Looked to me like he had a trainer next to him.

Cleveland really shit the bed the last two minutes. Why the hell did Kyrie size up Klay and dribble around wasting time for 6-7 seconds when he could've gone for a two for one instantly and get the same shot? Also, LeBron didn't do a good job keeping his hands on the ball and Iggy just stripped the shit easily. When you make dumb mistakes in the last two minutes of the NBA finals you deserve to lose. Add in all the big shots KD was making and yeah, Cleveland's done.

7 hours ago, Meacon said:

Trade Love and only keep Kyrie and LeBron and figure something else out. 

Trading Love would be their biggest mistake, imo. He's their #1 defensive player, leading rebounder, and still third best scorer on top of that. He's very much in the position Chris Bosh was in during the Miami Big Three. He keeps the team together defensively from a game to game basis, and still gets flack for not being 'good' offensively. Despite adding 19 a game.

He also pulls the defense out of position for players such as LeBron and Kyrie to do their work in the paint. Without Love, they wouldn't have the space to do anything inside.

I honestly rate Love over Kyrie, especially since Kyrie wants to be regarded as a 'top guard' and can't even get over 6-7 assists per game on average. And you could say that's because of LeBron having so much usage, but that's not an excuse because Kyrie rather iso's the clock away than set people up that needs table-setting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasonmufc said:

Trading Love would be their biggest mistake, imo. He's their #1 defensive player, leading rebounder, and still third best scorer on top of that. He's very much in the position Chris Bosh was in during the Miami Big Three. He keeps the team together defensively from a game to game basis, and still gets flack for not being 'good' offensively. Despite adding 19 a game.

He also pulls the defense out of position for players such as LeBron and Kyrie to do their work in the paint. Without Love, they wouldn't have the space to do anything inside.

I honestly rate Love over Kyrie, especially since Kyrie wants to be regarded as a 'top guard' and can't even get over 6-7 assists per game on average. And you could say that's because of LeBron having so much usage, but that's not an excuse because Kyrie rather iso's the clock away than set people up that needs table-setting.

Love > Kyrie. He doesn't demand the ball, he plays his role. Plays D, gets boards, scores when needed from wherever it's needed. Kyrie is a bit over rated.

The correct answer is find a new bench, ditch J.R. Smith, and trade Tristan Thompson for another scorer. LeBron/Kyrie/Love is a perfectly fine trio but they really need a better SG.

I don't know if anybody makes the moves this offseason though, besides Paul maybe going to SA and Boston getting one of Hayward/Butler/George. The 2018 offseason is a huge one and some guys are definitely gonna form a super team whether it be with the Lakers or somewhere else.