2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

Yeah, and it's a bunch of bullshit because you know if the Cowboys made an offer to him he'd jump at the chance to play behind our line.  It's a shitty attitude to have, he's a player who isn't in demand and he's going to insult or rule out teams?  Fuck you dude, go play for TNA.

• Like 2

It strikes me as something you say when you don't mind not working if that's what it ends up meaning but if the right opportunity comes along then why not? Plus I'm sure his opinion on playing for the Cowboys would be different if they didn't already have multiple backups behind Elliot but since they do it's not real loss since it's doubtful they would call anyways. 

He was one of the better RBs in the league 2 years ago filling in for Bell and he was only ok last year. He benefits from splitting carries most of his career but yeah he's probably done at this point. Unless there's a major training camp injury and the team doesn't like their younger options. 

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Yeah, and it's a bunch of bullshit because you know if the Cowboys made an offer to him he'd jump at the chance to play behind our line.  It's a shitty attitude to have, he's a player who isn't in demand and he's going to insult or rule out teams?  Fuck you dude, go play for TNA.

:lol: God damn man. He just said that because he was a niners fan as a kid. He isn't exactly poor I assume. Why begrudge him for answering a question honestly?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

:lol: God damn man. He just said that because he was a niners fan as a kid. He isn't exactly poor I assume. Why begrudge him for answering a question honestly?

Its more the shit about other teams.  Like him shitting on the Jags, he should be happy if any team wants him at this point.  It's a terrible attitude to have.

He was fantastic covering for Bell 2 years ago, and has barely had a carry since, mostly due to the Steelers policy on using Bell wherever possible. Arbitrarily saying that he's done seems a bit short sighted on that regard. 

As for the team thing, it is just a fluff piece. There's no reason to get arsey at him for it. On the flipside, it isn't really newsworthy. If thod happened in season it would barely get column inches. As for the Cowboys comment, it's quote possible he is beinv truthful. Really though, does it matter either way? 

15 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

@Maxx what the fuck is up with Zeke? Already in trouble for possible domestic violence last year and now there is another incident last night. There is a problem here

Well, the possible domestic violence thing appeared to be bullshit, like he actually has text messages from the girl saying she's going to try and ruin his career with allegations and her friends even said that was true.   Apparently last night's altercation was punching a DJ at a bar. 

Zeke is 21-22 years old and an idiot, not much to say about his behavior beyond that.  And reports were he was already looking a possible suspension over those domestic violence allegations, which would have been bullshit given the situation, but I'm sure this incident will move it from possible to guaranteed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, damshow said:

Always a good sign when you fire your GM in the middle of July.

It doesn't look like many former Panthers have good things to say about him and I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing hard ball with the negotiations for Greg Olsen and/or Thomas Davis and Jerry Richardson just got sick of it. But yeah, still odd timing.

Edited by livid

I am having to defend Jerry Rice in a Rice Vs Moss debate over on r/nfl because apparently

A) People don't understand that Rice's career longevity isn't the only reason he has better stats than Moss, he's also crushed him on single game and single season records and

B) 49ers fans are too depressed about their team to actually chime in.

• Like 2

I think its Rice is the better player, Moss was the better athlete and physical freak. 

They're 1 and 2 but I don't think its much of a real debate that you conjure up for Moss. I do wonder what Moss' stat line would look like if he had a HOF QB for the vast majority of his career like Rice had.

The problem with Moss wasn't who was throwing him the ball (because actually had pretty good QBs throwing to him for most of his career) it's that he just didn't have the same work ethic as Rice. If he did then his numbers would be as good as, if not better than, Rice's.

That said, Moss was such a physical freak that he never really needed the work ethic, whereas Rice did because that's what set him apart from other guys.