2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

22 minutes ago, Busch Strowman said:

Good on Jadar.  I'm thinking he saw the CTE stuff and decided it wasn't worth it or his heart just wasn't in it.  Kudos to him for dipping out now, keeping his health, and not wasting anyone's time.

Larry Donnell signs with the Ravens.  Enjoy the drops, @damshow

It still amazes me every time a player retires a few years into his career (this time before it even started), due to being worried about their health. I'm happy they're making that decision for themselves, but it took you that long of playing/watching/living football to decide that it's too dangerous and could ruin your health?

10 hours ago, Busch Strowman said:

Good on Jadar.  I'm thinking he saw the CTE stuff and decided it wasn't worth it or his heart just wasn't in it.  Kudos to him for dipping out now, keeping his health, and not wasting anyone's time.

Larry Donnell signs with the Ravens.  Enjoy the drops, @damshow

Since he's a Raven TE he'll probably suffer a catastrophic injury before he gets the chance to drop a ball.

• Like 1

Jerry Jones told his team today that if any player takes a knee during the national anthem, they will be released on the spot.

Beat your wife or girlfriend?  Welcome aboard.
Kill someone via intoxication manslaughter?  Sure we can find a spot for you.
Sit for the anthem?  Get the fuck out!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I was just gonna say, if I'm Zeke I'm calling him out on that the very first game. 

Because slighting the guy who will probably end up keeping you from getting suspended is such a great idea?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Because slighting the guy who will probably end up keeping you from getting suspended is such a great idea?

Because you're going to threaten me and my livelihood for standing up for (or kneeling, I guess) my beliefs. If you're going to threaten it, have the balls to go through with it, or keep your mouth shut. As has been said, he'll happily employ actual criminals, but something like this is what it'll take to lose a job? Please. 

• Like 1

More than that, it's an empty gesture because it is highly unlikely that he would cut Zeke if he did it. So he's only really saying to reaffirm the NFL's stance that they'd rather it not be a thing because it makes things a little uncomfortable. 

4 minutes ago, Meacon said:

It's still a ridiculous stance to take. I feel like if this were Jeffrey Lurie that issued this warning to his players, you'd see just how ridiculous it is. 

Oh I'm aware of how ridiculous it is.  

• Like 1

So, so far this week/summer, we've had a coach say two players can't go to the HOF ceremony, a owner say he'll cut any player that kneels during the anthem, and the players want to be paid more than NBA players...the NFL needs LaVar Ball.

11 hours ago, Lineker said:

Gareon Conley won't be charged in the rape case.

In Reggie We Trust.

1 hour ago, Busch Strowman said:

Jerry Jones told his team today that if any player takes a knee during the national anthem, they will be released on the spot.

Beat your wife or girlfriend?  Welcome aboard.
Kill someone via intoxication manslaughter?  Sure we can find a spot for you.
Sit for the anthem?  Get the fuck out!

Jerry Jones = Mance Rayder confirmed.

21 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Nobody needs LaVar Ball.

Shut your mouth, LaVar is a great man and a loving father...[/lakerbias]

• Like 2

The reaction to Kaep's anthem protest thing has just really highlighted how America has a really unhealthy relationship with patriotism.

Its so bizarre to the outside. A league inhabited by all variety of criminals is blackballing a guy because of a peaceful protest.

Jerry Jones is full of shit too. Have Josh Brent chill by the sidelines after killing a teammate, but if you take a knee for the anthem you're cut? Lol if Dak, Zeke, Dez and Tyron all take a knee week 1.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, damshow said:

Since he's a Raven TE he'll probably suffer a catastrophic injury before he gets the chance to drop a ball.

and just like that Crockett Gilmore is done for the year with an MCL.

Hold me bird bros. :crying:

• Like 1