2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

• Admin
3 hours ago, damshow said:

Jets, Bears, and 49ers are the worst teams heading into this season in all likelihood.

Hoyer at least knows Shanahan's offense - how many wins did Cleveland manage with those two that year? San Francisco will probably win more games than Cleveland when it's all said and done, because, y'know, it's the Browns and they'll always find a way to fuck it.

Cleveland will be just fine. You can only whiff on so many 1st Round picks and they basically have Houston's draft next year too.

The Jets are hands down the worst team on paper and have shown no indication that they're doing anything but tanking.

19 minutes ago, TCO said:

Cleveland will be just fine. You can only whiff on so many 1st Round picks and they basically have Houston's draft next year too.

The Jets are hands down the worst team on paper and have shown no indication that they're doing anything but tanking.

Cleveland hasn't been "just fine" since they came back into the league. They've had 2 winning seasons since '99 and have had 13 seasons with 5 or less wins.

I agree that they just might be on the upswing if these last two years of draft picks (and next year's picks) can pan out but it all depends on Kizer blossoming and Garrett not being another Courtney Brown. 

Edited by punky

1 hour ago, punky said:

Cleveland hasn't been "just fine" since they came back into the league. They've had 2 winning seasons since '99 and have had 13 seasons with 5 or less wins.

I agree that they just might be on the upswing if these last two years of draft picks (and next year's picks) can pan out but it all depends on Kizer blossoming and Garrett not being another Courtney Brown. 

If they're patient with the coaching staff and make even average use of their draft capital then they'll be near .500 in no time. It's obviously uncertain but even if Kizer sucks, I think they'll be OK in the next few years.

When I see LAC, it reminds me of The Lacs, not a sports team. 

And damshow is wrong about the worst teams. The Browns will surely be worse than at least one of the teams that he mentioned. Most likely....DA BEARS!

36 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Did Glennon actually throw a pick-six with the very first possession of the entire season?

Not THE very first possession, there was a game last week. But the Bears' first one, yes.

Bears offense has produced all the touchdowns this game, good signs for Srar :3

Maybe I'm just being very pessimistic, but I can easily see the 49ers losing the first 12 to 14 games. Depending on how the Rams play, it could be one of the worse seasons in a while for us. But I would be very shocked if this team managed more than 4 wins.