2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

Guys there was an actual game on last night, we should be talking about it.

Cooper Rush, you guys!  Brice Butler didn't drop any passes!  Rico Gathers looked solid!  Taco looked bad!  Blaine Gabbert looked extremely competent. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

Looks like Tannehill might be out for the year after all, at least according to Schefter's report.

51 minutes ago, Busch Strowman said:

And with that, the only AFC East team that might've given the Pats the slightest bit of trouble is a non-factor.

Eh, it might not be so bad. There's still that big name free agent out there, the one that teams have shied away from because he kneels down inappropriately and he's overly political.

You know the guy I'm talking about. Tim Tebow.

• Like 8

Mets are, at best, a longshot to make the super bowl this year.

• Like 8

It's sounding like Cutler will un-retire and go play for the Dolphins. Gase is familiar with him from their year together in Chicago (a year when, against all odds, Cutler was good). A lot of people are and will point to this as part of the Kaepernick blacklisting effort but this is just such a weak example of it. The Jets having a bunch of 3rd stringers, multiple teams having no serviceable backups, teams that have possible issues at starter like Houston and Denver. None of those teams really looking his way are a big strike against the league. Dolphins signing Cutler isn't, though most of this built up vitriol is going to wind up in their direction,

46 minutes ago, damshow said:

It's sounding like Cutler will un-retire and go play for the Dolphins. Gase is familiar with him from their year together in Chicago (a year when, against all odds, Cutler was good). A lot of people are and will point to this as part of the Kaepernick blacklisting effort but this is just such a weak example of it. The Jets having a bunch of 3rd stringers, multiple teams having no serviceable backups, teams that have possible issues at starter like Houston and Denver. None of those teams really looking his way are a big strike against the league. Dolphins signing Cutler isn't, though most of this built up vitriol is going to wind up in their direction,

43 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I think any team that signs a quarterback that isn't him is going to get the shame-shame from some fans. I think Kap deserves another shot, and would like to see him in Denver, but you're right, he's not a right fit for every spot, including Miami. 

I don't think I need to drag up my progressiveness in the NFL thread, so I hope I can reasonably assume that I support Kaepernick.

HOWEVAH [/StephenA], there are plenty of non-political reasons to not sign him. In Miami, for instance, is looking for a one-year rental, stay competitive, get back to the playoffs, then return to Tannehill(sp?) next season. Not a great spot for Kaep.

Three (though there are more) places no self-respecting QB should go, unless they really need the money:

1. Miami. You're done once Tanehill returns.

2. New England. You really want a Super Bowl ring for holding the ball on field goals and extra point kicks?

3. Cleveland.Because `see: Cleveland Browns' is next to the word `sucks' in the dictionary.

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Three (though there are more) places no self-respecting QB should go, unless they really need the money:

1. Miami. You're done once Tanehill returns.

2. New England. You really want a Super Bowl ring for holding the ball on field goals and extra point kicks?

3. Cleveland.Because `see: Cleveland Browns' is next to the word `sucks' in the dictionary.

You mean I could make...depending on contract or vet minimum, a few hundred grand and get a ring for holding a ball?  Sign me the fuck up

Another argument I've seen against Kaep signing in Miami is he's shown support for Castro.  Miami has a large amount of Cuban expats/refugees, so the Dolphins signing CK would be a bad look.  This argument actually makes the most sense to me