2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

On 25/07/2017 at 23:33, Lineker said:

NFL.com just got a massive redesign. Much more mobile/tablet-friendly now. 

have they brought back audiopass?

8 hours ago, Lineker said:

So Lucky Whitehead didn't do it - he was cut anyway though!

Come to Carolina... Become the man Ted Ginn refuses to be :|

twice, Ginn.. next time.. sod off to Cleveland

7 hours ago, damshow said:

He's had a rough couple of weeks and afaik the NFL has no way for a team who cut a guy to uncut him.

If there's a silver lining for him it's that he'll get signed somewhere. And since Andrew Hawkins just retired the Pats need a WR. So maybe he wins a Super Bowl out of this whole deal.

Yeah, that would be....

lucky.

33 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Yeah, that would be....

lucky.

That doesn't seem likely as he's been claimed by the Jets. Poor guy, his terrible week continues.

Edited by livid
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Lineker said:

Joe Flacco is out for 3-6 weeks with a disc issue in his back.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....wait...that's only an outside shot he'll miss opening day......

WATCH OUT NFL, FLACCOMANIA'S GONNA RUN WILD ON YOU :w00t:

I personally want him to talk as much as he can so that a huge segment of our fanbase threatens to start rooting for another team and then gets called out on their shit.

Nevermind, the dream is dead: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20178045/baltimore-ravens-add-arena-league-qb-david-olson

• Like 3

It's shitty. I really hate the apologist bullshit of "Well he sucks thats why he isn't getting signed". 

No, he fucking doesn't. Look, dude isn't an elite QB. But I'd wager he's a better 2 than 32 other guys, and probably better than a few starters. His numbers were solid last season. 

I'd take him backing up Stafford.

• Like 4

I actually like Hoyer a lot as a stop gap option and I'm intrigued by Beathard but it's obvious they're planning for next year's QB class and/or going after Cousins. 

I like Kaepernick and think he can be a starter in the NFL but I do think the best thing for him was to get out of San Francisco and away from the expectations people once had for him there. But that was also because I assumed he'd find a job elsewhere. It's absolutely ridiculous that he doesn't have a job. 

Edited by livid
  • Like 1

SF was a dumpster fire because of Baalke. It had nothing to do with Kaepernick. Everything else played a role on him mentally I'm sure, and getting out of that situation was great. Unfortunately for him at this point if he gets signed the media presence will be suffocating. There will be protests. Even at the slightest rumor of him signing here there were people I somehow haven't unfriended on Facebook yet who were screaming about how they'd have to find a new team. If he were a bonafide starter he'd be fine, but since he's not it's just a situation where teams are very reluctant to take bring him in.

He would be such an ideal backup for a team with a solid starting QB though. He can play behind them, and offer a huge chance of pace should that starter go down. A big part of his early success is all the scouting was done for Alex Smith at QB. When he came in as starter it took awhile for teams to adjust and figure out all his tendencies.