Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

I feel like he's got a point. It's like a few years ago when pundits and that would talk about Arsenal's injury crisis. Well yeah, if you buy crocked players, or players who can't play through a bit of pain, then you are going to have an injury crisis. And it's the epitome of :big club: but despite FA Cup wins, there seems to have been some kind of wholescale failure in scouting or transfers or both for Arsenal over the past 5 years at least.

Edit: Levy on Pochettino

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadJack said:

I feel like he's got a point. It's like a few years ago when pundits and that would talk about Arsenal's injury crisis. Well yeah, if you buy crocked players, or players who can't play through a bit of pain, then you are going to have an injury crisis. And it's the epitome of :big club: but despite FA Cup wins, there seems to have been some kind of wholescale failure in scouting or transfers or both for Arsenal over the past 5 years at least.

I think Gazz mentioned it a while ago about the amount of certain injuries that Arsenal get, so either they are constantly buying crocked players or they are breaking fit players them and need to change the training and all that.

And he does have a point about the Arsenal players not looking up for a scrap. Who was the last player that could be a Viera type battler? Off the top of my head I cant really think.

Xhaka looks up for one on occasion but he's more Lee Cattermole than Patrick Viera.

Also a question for whoever because I'm bored: Are there any players playing in the Premier League right now that you could say are the best ever to play in the league in their position?

I think you could make a case for Aguero (edit: thinking about it, his injury record might preclude him from that.), and perhaps for KDB, but aside from that I don't think there's anyone else.

2 hours ago, MadJack said:

Xhaka looks up for one on occasion but he's more Lee Cattermole than Patrick Viera.

Also a question for whoever because I'm bored: Are there any players playing in the Premier League right now that you could say are the best ever to play in the league in their position?

I think you could make a case for Aguero (edit: thinking about it, his injury record might preclude him from that.), and perhaps for KDB, but aside from that I don't think there's anyone else.

If I was making a Best XI of Premier League players who are the best ever in the league, I'd not put a single current player in it.