Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

For some reason, Lineker, when you post links with numbers at the end of the URL, it's only showing the numbers within the URL, and nothing else. Weird. It appears properly enough in the source code.

Also, hey, I don't think I've ever posted here before.

• Admin

Stan Kroenke makes £525m offer to buy Alisher Usmanov’s Arsenal shares

"Both parties have tried to force a change. If Kroenke succeeds in his attempt to buy out Usmanov, initially reported by the website Arseblog, it would take his percentage to 97%. It would put him in a position to squeeze out the minority shareholders and presents the risk Arsenal would become a privately owned business.

The consequences of that are troubling for the 130-year-old club. As well as removing any requirement for the publication of accounts or an AGM, the option of registering the business in the United States, to be based under Kroenke’s KSE umbrella in Delaware, would open up. There would also be no internal barriers to using Arsenal as leverage in deals as the Glazer family did with Manchester United."

My favorite thing is @Lineker tagging me in posts in threads that I would never read or know exist on this board, because I never wonder into the Sports section. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RPS said:

My favorite thing is @Lineker tagging me in posts in threads that I would never read or know exist on this board, because I never wonder into the Sports section. 

Now you are here you might as well pick a team to support. 

10 minutes ago, MDK said:

Now you are here you might as well pick a team to support. 

Which ones have the most flamboyant uniforms? 

2 minutes ago, RPS said:

Which ones have the most flamboyant uniforms? 

They wear kits. They are football players, not schoolgirls. 

And Greenbank Under-10's clearly has the best kit:

6fc259ca-a9ec-44d8-9305-6f30fb423a24.jpg

This is the base version of my team's away kit.

As you can imagine, 8 year old boys are thrilled at the prospect of wearing neon pink.

Hot%20Sale%20Nike%20Park%20V%20Ls%20Foot

For all of you lot that support PL clubs and constantly moan at the state of refereeing in the PL, Tranmere vs Orient is on BTSports. Perhaps watching this, what I assume will be an awful show of officiating and bad football, you might count yourself lucky to have Premiership refs.

Professionalising referees seems to have failed them, which is kinda sad, as the generation previous to this was arguably one of English footballs best, but as the money in the game has increased it seems to have become the norm for former referees to move out of the mentoring roles they'd previously had post-retirement and into more lucrative media roles.

1 hour ago, MDK said:

For all of you lot that support PL clubs and constantly moan at the state of refereeing in the PL, Tranmere vs Orient is on BTSports. Perhaps watching this, what I assume will be an awful show of officiating and bad football, you might count yourself lucky to have Premiership refs.

I've played Sunday League...I've experienced first hard just how awful refs are the lower down the football triangle you get. 

Getting two footed from behind after passing the ball = no foul
Asking the ref if he's going to ever move from the centre circle = yellow card. 

• Haha 1