Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

3 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Thought this was a really good article given that it was Mental Health Awareness day earlier on in the week

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/11/chris-kirkland-depression-interview 

Thanks for posting that Dave, well worth the read. Kirkland comes across like a nice guy, it sucks to read what happened to him regarding the Champions League win and all that.

Sadly that injury reputation kept following him. He signed for Rovers in 2011 on loan, made his debut live on Sky in a 3-0 home defeat by Leeds then hurt his back in the warm-up for the next game and never played for us again.

On 10/10/2017 at 19:08, Lineker said:

We are all fine but will probably draw at home anyway. 

I'm taking a friend to Wembley for her first live football match... I anticipate a 0-0 with very few opportunities either way.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Wenger has said that Arsenal could sell Sanchez and Özil in January. 

Wasn't Ozils agent just yesterday saying that things were looking good for contract talks? Although I guess a move away would be good contract talks for those two.

Lukaku should have been booked for that. Prick. 

Also De Gea bailed them out before. 

Lukaku flicking his heel into Lovren's face then the scum with the victim chants. 

Classy team...

Doubt it can be proven that he meant that. When there was such a 50-50 split with the blatant Mings one on Ibra last season, I just can't see it. He should've been booked earlier though. 

Yes De Gea has bailed us out before but goalkeepers are there to stop the ball going in the net. I know it's been a while since you had a good one. 

Couple of fouls on Young have gone unnoticed too. One even went the other way. 

Victim chants are disgusting, but don't act like Liverpool fans never mention Munich. 

5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Doubt it can be proven that he meant that. When there was such a 50-50 split with the blatant Mings one on Ibra last season, I just can't see it. He should've been booked earlier though. 

Yes De Gea has bailed us out before but goalkeepers are there to stop the ball going in the net. I know it's been a while since you had a good one. 

Couple of fouls on Young have gone unnoticed too. One even went the other way. 

Victim chants are disgusting, but don't act like Liverpool fans never mention Munich. 

Never have I once instigated that Liverpool fans don't sing bad chants. So don't try to say that I don't when numerous times over the years I've argued against any chanting of the kind from any team. 

And obviously goalkeepers are there to stop the ball... It's a world class save that he does time and again, there's a reason he's the best keeper in the Prem but he did bail you out there big time. Mignolet bailed us out when Lukaku had his chance but it was a routine save. 

I know, but the "classy team" dig is like you're taking the high ground when in fact, cunts will be cunts, and as one of the Liverpool fans' coaches left OT last season, there were people mimicking planes through the windows. So yeah. 

Happy with how it's gone, but I do think we'll need to score to get anything. 

Also worth noting that while I don't like Liverpool I very much like you @Davidmarrio, so there's that. :wub:

• Like 1

You can see why live audiences for games are falling - it's just turgid shit. Teams, more expensively put together than ever before, all play like Tony Pulis outfits now in any 'big' game, completely paralyzed by the feat of losing. It's one thing to sit back and counter attack, but Man United showed no attacking intent whatsoever and how much have they spent on attacking players in the last few seasons? Even Klopp, who has a reputation of wanting to be gung-ho, ends a game in which the opposition clearly has no desire to look for a winner with the most pedestrian midfield three I've ever seen line up for us in 30 years.

Snore. Unless you support a team nowadays there's almost no point in watching.

Jose Boreinho. 

Least United can join Crystal Palace as the only teams not to score against us. 

Don't mind sitting back and trying to get a point but I've seen worse teams on paper offer more and score and get points of us than this lot. 

Great point for United. Decent point for us after a poor run of form. Played some good football and played through or around the defence but couldn't muster the finishing touches.