2017 College Football Thread

Yeah, I went to bed at the half as well.  I needed to get some extra rest to finish kicking the stomach flu and I didn't see much reason to think Clemson would win after such a lethargic first half.

This is feeling like 2011 all over again to me.  Bama finally has a season where they look like they'll be out of the title picture, only for everything else to break in their favor.  And each time their big break came thanks to a different OSU school.  Oklahoma State getting dropped by an unranked team late in 2011, and Ohio State getting blown out this year (plus doubling down by beating Wisconsin which assured their conference would not be represented).

I expect the same ending too.  Georgia's running game is amazing, but Bama's defense is leagues and leagues better than Oklahoma's.  My heart will be pulling hard for Georgia, but my brain says Bama shuts them down.

Since we were just talking about ties and teams going for two more often, on this day in 1984 in the Orange Bowl, potential National Champion Nebraska went for two-points with 48 seconds left because they were afraid the pollsters wouldn't give them the National Title if they had a tie on their record. Well the primarily option based team tried a pass which fell incomplete and they ended up losing the National Title to the Miami Hurricanes, their opponents from the Orange Bowl. Some people think they would've still won the votes, but I love that Tom Osbourne had the balls to say, "Fuck it. If we win, then they have to vote for us as #1."

• Like 1

Osbourne has basically been exonerated for that by virtue of coaching arguably the greatest team ever in the mid-90s Huskers. But that play will still rightfully live on in highlights, one of the all-time great endings. And I am with you, I love when coaches say "fuck it, let's win it here".

Also, I expect Bama to win. Their defense is leagues better than Oklahoma and having all that time off was huge, not playing in the SEC title game gave them an additional week to get healthy.

I was looking down at some stuff on here and looked up and a disembodied Jake Fromm was standing between those announcers and scared the hell out of me :P  He was staring directly into my soul! :o 

Granted I have watched like 3 games but Sony is my favorite College player ever :shifty: 

• Haha 1