2017 College Football Thread

11 minutes ago, Busch E said:

Offensive linemen at the military schools are undersized compared to typical college football linemen because there are weight and conditioning requirements all military members must adhere to.  Hence, pass blocking is impractical.

Also the triple option offense bridges the gap between top athletes and decent athletes. You don’t need four and five star kids to run a dominating option offense, which is good because the military schools aren’t getting anything higher than three star kids and even those are far and few between. It makes what those schools do even that more impressive. Discipline and attention to detail goes further in college football than almost any other sport.

• Like 3

Good ol'EWB.  I was jsut coming in here to ask why it seems like the military academys never seem to pass the ball.  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 20:55, Busch E said:

Offensive linemen at the military schools are undersized compared to typical college football linemen because there are weight and conditioning requirements all military members must adhere to.  Hence, pass blocking is impractical.

Amazing to think that I was in the military and hadn’t considered that. Jesus. Excellent point though. 

• Like 1

@The Chiksrara Special was it you asking about the benefits of bowl games? Here’s a link showing what each player gets for going to each bowl game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/12/12/16740312/bowl-game-gifts-2017-players

If I’ve already posted this, forgive me, I’m getting over a wicked bout with the flu.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Meacon said:

@The Chiksrara Special was it you asking about the benefits of bowl games? Here’s a link showing what each player gets for going to each bowl game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/12/12/16740312/bowl-game-gifts-2017-players

If I’ve already posted this, forgive me, I’m getting over a wicked bout with the flu.

It was me and now I wish I was playing in the Fiesta or Alamo bowls :P I've only gotten to watch pieces of games but they have mostly been good. I want to make a good effort to watch the Championship games coming up though. Any other good ones still to go?

The one on now, Fiesta Bowl with Washington and Penn State should be good. And tonight is the Orange Bowl with Wisconsin and Miami. 

Monday has an awesome line up with (hello homer bias) Notre Dame/LSU at 1:30 in the Citrus, Georgia/Oklahoma at 5 in the Rose, and then Alabama/Clemson at 8:30 in the Sugar.

It’ll be a glorious, glorious day.

Taking the parents to see Star Wars tomorrow from 1:30-4:30. Nope, no siree, I definitely did not pick the time that would get me home just at the perfect time for Oklahoma/Georgia. Nope.

Also, Big Ten has had a great bowl season. I know that conference bowl records don't actually matter unless you have a ton of head-to-head to judge on (i.e. 4 or 5 Big Ten vs SEC bowls or something) but this is helping the case that Ohio State got the shaft this year.