2017 College Football Thread

Supposed to be a press conference at 4pm. Apparently the last person Currie had interviewed for the job was Mike Leach. That's reason enough alone to fire him.

They've also said that Phil Fulmer will be taking a more active role in the search for a new coach. 

I'm telling you. Mike Leach is not a bad option and he's much better than what you're likely going to end up with at this point. Anybody that can make Texas Tech and Washington State a Top-20 program could do very, very well at Tennessee. But good luck with a hire that you'll be firing in another five years. :P 

Seriously.  Go compare Leach's seasons at Tech and Washington to Tennessee's seasons during those spans.  He was just as, if not more successful than the Vols were, and he did it with far less recruiting resources.  I have no earthly idea where you've gotten the idea that Mike Leach is a bad coach from, there's no evidence to support it.  He got fucking Texas Tech to a #1 ranking.

5 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Supposed to be a press conference at 4pm. Apparently the last person Currie had interviewed for the job was Mike Leach. That's reason enough alone to fire him.

They've also said that Phil Fulmer will be taking a more active role in the search for a new coach. 

LOL.

Tennessee has never been the job Vols fans think it is. You would have been lucky to get Leach, but I guess since Tee Martin was a Vol who'll let Fulmer walk all over him that's somehow better.

The Fisher contract makes me feel really, really, really fucking great about the Kelly hire. Great value for UCLA.

Lane Kiffin's A+ trolling of Tennessee fans sustains me.

Phil Fulmer basically sabotaged this entire coaching search just to get himself installed as AD, for what purpose? They have no idea if he'll be good at that job. They are just so desperate to return to glory days that never truly existed. They had 2 years under Manning and 1 with Martin and then more or less a decade of being 2nd best to Florida. And before the Fulmer years you have to go all the way to Neyland himself. But they could be a great program if they focused small. Build up properly, stockpile good recruiting classes, and just don't let the fact Alabama is better than you get to your head. Saban isn't immortal.

But college coaching salaries are astronomical. It's to an absurd degree, and the fact they keep talking about integrity when these coaches are almost all the highest paid state employees in their respective states is shameful .At this point you have no excuses for not paying players, or at the least letting them sell their autographs and likenesses and what not.

Just know that USC is very fast and very athletic. Stanford is very strong and physical. 

Stanford's quarterback Costello is a pimply faced dork who just so happened to throw all over Notre Dame's secondary last week as if we didn't even know teams were allowed to use the forward pass. :( 

Oh and Stanford's running back Bryce Love is one of the best running backs in the country and he ran for his 17th touchdown of the season earlier in the game. 

• Like 1