2017 College Football Thread

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State appear to be playing basketball, not football. Damn. Meacon isn't kidding about defense being optional.

Love that Ohio State and Penn State lost. Even better that the Spartans did it to POSU. (Piece Of Shit University)

On 10/29/2017 at 12:22, Meacon said:

You guys could easily beat Wisconsin. Don't let their record fool you. They're not a Top-10 team. 

I'm not sure I can make a case for you against Ohio State, but Wisconsin is easily beatable. 

Haven't seen much Wisconsin but I'll defer to your expertise here. 

Probably not, fact is, Ohio State has our number and has for many years now. Hell so has Michigan State. 

Glad we play you guys again next year. I never did like that they stopped playing each other for a few years. Much rather see Michigan/Notee Dame than whatever we got this year (it was usually the third game wasn't it?)

28 minutes ago, VerBlood Drive said:

Haven't seen much Wisconsin but I'll defer to your expertise here. 

Probably not, fact is, Ohio State has our number and has for many years now. Hell so has Michigan State. 

Glad we play you guys again next year. I never did like that they stopped playing each other for a few years. Much rather see Michigan/Notee Dame than whatever we got this year (it was usually the third game wasn't it?)

It’s usually been somewhere in the first three games. Like next year we play week one. I️ can’t remember what week we play in ‘19 though without looking it up. It will be nice to start that back up though. 

Yeah Bielema is gone after this season. Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, maybe Kentucky, and possibly A&M all open after this season. Miss State will open up when Mullen leaves for Florida. I'm sad to see Mullen likely finally leave Starkville, but he's taken that program to its absolute ceiling. I wonder if one of these schools calls Charlie Strong, or if he sticks out another year at USF. Mike Norvell might be moving across the state to take the job in Knoxville, but I wonder if the Tennessee boosters will want another coach "jumping up" into the SEC or try to look for an established coach in a major conference.

I think the Big Ten is toast. I can't justify a 1-loss Wisconsin team getting in and no 2-loss teams unless some weird lightning strikes where everyone else loses. Badgers absolutely have to win out and I can't see that happening. A 2-loss Notre Dame squad is really the only 2-loss team I'd say could get in, but not playing that 13th game is a real strike against them. Even if those 2 losses are Georgia and on the road at Miami. 

That was a wild weekend. Georgia lost, Bama almost lost, Notre Dame lost. We're probably looking at a top 4 of Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, and Miami now. Georgia and Wisconsin rounding out the top 6. I think in spite of a road loss to Auburn, Georgia is still very much in it as long as they win out. Alabama is probably in with a win at Auburn in the Iron Bowl regardless of what happens in the SEC Championship. But the real question, is Auburn in with 2 losses if they beat Georgia (twice since they'll likely meet in the SEC Championship) and Alabama?

Tennessee has now lost the last game it's played against every SEC opponent. 

Cole Kelley was arrested this morning. Redshirt freshman QB for Arkansas. Careless driving and driving under the influence, iirc. 

13 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Rumors going around is that they're going to go after Jon Gruden for the job. And may offer more than twice what Jones was getting.

Gruden has it made, I don't know why he'd come out of retirement for a college job especially. Chip Kelly is a more likely scenario, and honestly even though they'll finish with 9 or 10 wins every year he'll make the Vols fun as hell to watch and it can only help their national profile.