2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

1 minute ago, Matticus said:

I think they are like Newcastle fans, if this article is anything to go by...

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-pol-whitehall-man-punched-police-horse-eagles-game-20180116-story.html

Different sport, but same fanbase:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=5098407

Philadelphia fan purposefully throws up on young girl at baseball game. 

A completely skippable Super Bowl by the look of it.  Just like the last Eagles/Pats Bowl 

Preference is the Eagles losing, always and forever.  Extremely annoyed that it results in a Pats win.  

• Like 1

I'm honestly torn. 

hate the Eagles, and I don't care much for the Vikings thanks to old feelings from the NFC Central. 

But if the Eagles lose, I get to see crushed spirits. Again. If the Eagles lose, the Vikings will play in the Super Bowl at home. 

Go Vikings, I guess? 

6 minutes ago, Mick said:

I'm honestly torn. 

hate the Eagles, and I don't care much for the Vikings thanks to old feelings from the NFC Central. 

But if the Eagles lose, I get to see crushed spirits. Again. If the Eagles lose, the Vikings will play in the Super Bowl at home. 

Go Vikings, I guess? 

Ravens are cashing in their Money in the Bank contract any day now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chuck Tingle said:

Ravens are cashing in their Money in the Bank contract any day now.

BAH GOD! THERE'S ROETHLISBURGER! AND HE'S GOT THE ETHER! FLACCO'S OUT, BIG BEN HAS THE MONEY IN THE BACK CONTRACT NOW!

Just refreshed the score. 

You know that feeling when you go to the bathroom, and someone left a really big shit in the toilet? 

• Like 2

I'd like to point out one interesting piece of NFL trivia:

In the 1990-91 AFC Championship game, the Bills beat the Raiders 50-3 to advance to Super Bowl XXV to face the Giants.

The man who put the Giants defensive plan together? Bill Belichick. 
Just saying. 

10 minutes ago, Mick said:

I'd like to point out one interesting piece of NFL trivia:

In the 1990-91 AFC Championship game, the Bills beat the Raiders 50-3 to advance to Super Bowl XXV to face the Giants.

The man who put the Giants defensive plan together? Bill Belichick. 
Just saying. 

Fun trivia. Though he would have lost that game were it not for Norwood missing a kick. 

• Like 1

Funner trivia: Some say to this day, over the parking lot where Tampa Stadium once stood, that every year, on January 27th, and the light is just right, you can see Norwood lining up for the kick.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Yeah, if Wilks doesn't get the Cardinals job I expect a huge talking point in the offseason to be the lack of minority hires.  Especially with the Raiders' Rooney Rule investigation.  The league confirmed the Raiders were compliant, but the Fritz Pollard Alliance is still going to seek reform on the rule and I don't blame them.  It's pretty obvious that they'd decided on Gruden before conducting any interviews, they just waited until fulfilling the rule obligation before making it official.  They were compliant based on the way the rule is written - but that's not in the spirit of the rule itself.

The problem is I don't know how you change it.  Even if you tweak the bylaws so that teams can be fined if there's reasonable cause that a team already knew who they wanted to hire before doing interviews - that's not going to change the overall problem that many owners don't really believe in an open process.  Louis Riddick wasn't interviewed by the Giants to fulfill the Rooney Rule (an internal guy who was interviewed, Marc Ross, would've covered that) - but I do firmly believe they interviewed him to keep up appearances.  The reality is they knew they were gonna hire Gettleman because they were familiar with him.

Look, I support the Rooney Rule, and if Oakland had failed to follow it I would have been there calling them out, but 99% of the time an organization will have someone in mind. There is simply too much money involved to have a true open competition.

Rooney Rule interviews aren't great at getting people jobs immediately, but they do help get names out there. There also needs to be more of an effort into minority coordinators, that will help the pool of coaches, since I'm assuming there's a good mix of minority position coaches, as they tend to be former players.

2 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Why do people hate the eagles?

Because you took Nnamdi and ruined him.

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

Long story short?

1995. Sunday Night football. 10-year old Meacon gets to finally see his favorite player and team, John Elway and the Denver Broncos, in person. He puts on his little John Elway jersey and proceeds to sit in single-digit temperatures to watch his favorite player get hurt in the first quarter. 10-year old Meacon then sits for the next three hours as a group of grown men, Eagles fans, throw ice cubes at him all night long. From that night on I've wanted those bastards to never, ever have the opportunity to enjoy a Super Bowl win. 

Also, more recently, I live in the area and have to listen to moronic Eagle fans all the fucking time.

I have sympathy for 10 year old Meacon, but would like 33ish year old Meacon to remember that it could have been snowballs with rocks in them. ;)

5 minutes ago, damshow said:

Fun trivia. Though he would have lost that game were it not for Norwood missing a kick. 

That was not fun trivia.