2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

13 hours ago, Lint said:

Looks like it

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh Washington, you so silly

Alex Smith has been a starter for 12 years. He's thrown for more than 23 TD's one time. He's thrown for more than 4,000 yards just once. Cousins has eclipsed both totals in all 3 of his seasons starting. 

Kansas City made out like bandits in that trade. Kendall Fuller is gonna be a #1 corner for KC for many seasons now. I'm not sure how they got him and a third for a guy that anyone with a pulse knew they were trying to get rid of. 

Alex Smith definitely is a cheaper option than Cousins, but I think the Skins are going to be in for a rude awakening if they try to do anything with him other than what he did system wise at Kansas City. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

I don't understand why the Redskins wouldn't give Cousins a deal but are happy to pay Alex Smith £23.5 million a season with a ton of guaranteed money.

Unless Cousins was really adamant about not signing with the Redskins after the first franchise tag.

This just seems like a horribly mismanaged situation by Washington.

They bungled it by franchising him again. He basically takes less money to sign long-term or he can just keep playing under the tag for more and more money. It's classic Washington. The market got set by the Smith extension as well, third most guaranteed money in history. I would expect Cousins to sign with Denver for money in the Stafford range.

Johnny Manziel's self-imposed deadline to make a deal with the Tiger-Cats has passed. His agent says they have "several other professional options" available which is perhaps the saddest bluff that's ever been attempted. Home boy needs to go to trade school and get a skill before he ends up doing something stupid again. 

• Like 2

• Admin

Gronk has been cleared from the concussion protocol.

Ryan Shazier has been discharged from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center rehabilitation facility and will transition to outpatient care, the hospital announced. That means, according to a source, that Shazier can live at home and travel to and from a facility for his recovery from Dec. 6 spinal stabilization surgery: 

DeMaurice Smith: NFLPA will approach 2021 talks like 'war'

• Like 2

SI put up a story about how the Pats already wrote Brady's MVP acceptance speech.

Look, I'm as anti-Pats as you can get...but with something like this, who cares?  Nominees prepare speeches at every award show.

Besides that, let's be real - he's the obvious winner.  The only award that's more of a lock is JJ Watt winning the Walter Payton Man of the Year.

• Like 1

This was 10 years ago today, but I can still recall the wide range of emotions I felt like it was yesterday.  From the despair of blowing the lead to hyperventilating after the Tyree catch to pure euphoria when Burress hauled in the touchdown.

While they've largely been shit in the past decade since this, my teams have treated me to other great moments.  Super Bowl 46, Johan Santana's no-hitter, the Mets winning the 2015 NL pennant.  But I can't envision anything ever topping this for me.

• Like 3