2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

Good class, and I'd be pissed if Moss was going in but T.O. wasn't. T.O. was a cocky sob, which is why he didn't get in last year. But Moss was a straight up asshole. (Let's not forget he ended his career with the Titans by bitching about catering, of all things.)

15 hours ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

This was 10 years ago today, but I can still recall the wide range of emotions I felt like it was yesterday.  From the despair of blowing the lead to hyperventilating after the Tyree catch to pure euphoria when Burress hauled in the touchdown.

While they've largely been shit in the past decade since this, my teams have treated me to other great moments.  Super Bowl 46, Johan Santana's no-hitter, the Mets winning the 2015 NL pennant.  But I can't envision anything ever topping this for me.

I'm pretty sure that if you could sell your soul for favors, multiple Giants players did it for that Super Bowl win.

Pretty sure that explains David Tyree nowadays anyway.  Dude can't go more than four words without saying Jesus name.

I don't care what anyone says, I hope the Eagles win tonight. So beyond done with Brady, Gronk, Belichick, Kraft and that damn franchise.

Plus, reading how inhospitable Minnesota has been to the Eagles all week out of sheer bitterness for getting demolished last week makes me want them to win there even more.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

I don't care what anyone says, I hope the Eagles win tonight. So beyond done with Brady, Gronk, Belichick, Kraft and that damn franchise.

Plus, reading how inhospitable Minnesota has been to the Eagles all week out of sheer bitterness for getting demolished last week makes me want them to win there even more.

I think you just made Meacon's list.

I love you @Meacon and we can love Philly Union together (while hating the franchise at the same time) but tonight, we're enemies. I have been an Eagles fan my whole life, being a PA boy, so I can't wait for tonight. Really hoping we finally get one!

However, this is a bittersweet game for me. My Dad got be into the Eagles, he was a fan his whole life. We finally lost him to cancer at the beginning of January so it's incredibly sad to know we can't watch this game together tonight.

• Sad 5

17 hours ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

This was 10 years ago today, but I can still recall the wide range of emotions I felt like it was yesterday.  From the despair of blowing the lead to hyperventilating after the Tyree catch to pure euphoria when Burress hauled in the touchdown.

While they've largely been shit in the past decade since this, my teams have treated me to other great moments.  Super Bowl 46, Johan Santana's no-hitter, the Mets winning the 2015 NL pennant.  But I can't envision anything ever topping this for me.

Watching this game in Philadelphia with a room full of Giants and Eagles fans all pulling for the Giants was just special. There was one Pats fan there, they were very quiet after this catch. My roommate at the time almost cried finally seeing his Giants win a Super Bowl (he was born in 86 but too young to really remember those 2). I honestly hope the same for my many friends who are Eagles fans tonight. Everyone deserves to see their team win once!

This game is like me and the 2012 Super Bowl run for the Ravens. It was just too perfectly magical, Ray Lewis' final run, the game in Denver, and then almost blowing the lead to Kaepernick only to hang on (with blatant PI but mercifully the ball landed out of bounds and was thus uncatchable). The Ravens can be boring and shitty for a long time before the goodwill of one season goes away.

Pretty solid list for next season.  Reed, Gonzalez and Bailey should all be first ballot

• Like 1

We're having several people over for the game. We will be having chili dip (cream cheese topped with chili that's topped with melted cheese sauce (ie, Cheese Whiz or Velveeta, but we're using the grocery store brand) with tortilla chips and several different flavors of chicken wings. Two people are going to be for the Eagles, one doesn't really follow football (so no idea why the hell they're coming), and the rest are going to be for the Patriots (including me, but I'm not happy about it). Heidi has a bet with one of her son's friends over the game, and whoever's team loses they have to buy the other a large Frosty from Wendy's. Heidi is for the Patriots, but her son and his friend are for the Eagles. Riley (her son) is an Eagles fan (God knows why) but his friend is a Saints fan. Meh.

I am hoping for a blowout, but I think it will actually be a fairly close game. 

1 minute ago, Meacon said:

I had a dream last night the Eagles won 26-17 and I never listened to local sports talk radio ever again. 

I wouldn't listen to it either

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm feeling the same way, I've watched every Super Bowl live since I became interested in the NFL and that continuity is the basis for me doing the same tonight, but I don't want to see the Patriots win again to tie the Steelers record and I give the Eagles about a 2% chance of winning. At this point I'm waiting to see how tired I am around midnight.