2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

Since 2001, the only years that New England didn't win the AFC East were 2002 (Jets, and the first year the Colts were out of the division) and 2008 (Dolphins), and in both those years they still made the playoffs as a Wild Card. 

Part of the reason for the Patriots' success, at least to me, is that the Patriots are the only team in the AFC East that have been consistently good. The other teams fluctuate but are more often bad than not. There's no real competition in that division. And I don't expect that to changer any time soon under the other teams' current ownership.

I'm so fucking bummed out about last night. I wasn't expecting to win all week but 20-10 up and running the ball well I thought we could do it. Then suddenly we gave up on the rb passes and play-action and kept giving Brady the ball back. We all know who is going to win the Superbowl so not much point in watching.

11 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

So you guys who hate the Eagles it's because you like a rival of theirs right?

Yup, and unlike the Giants, their fans haven't exactly been friendly or fun to talk to, Lint seemingly being the exception to the rule.

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

It's gonna be hilarious if Nick Foles wins the Super Bowl and then Carson Wentz never does.

k0jPoN6.gif

• Haha 1

• Admin

The Browns are hiring Todd Haley as offensive coordinator.

Updated player rosters for 2018 Pro Bowl in Orlando

• Rams quarterback Jared Goff was added as a replacement for Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz.
  • Falcons safety Keanu Neal was added as a replacement for Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins.
  • Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis was added as a replacement for Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr.
  • Cowboys tight end Jason Witten was added as a replacement for Eagles tight end Zach Ertz.
  • Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue was added as a replacement for teammate Calais Campbell.
  • Jaguars linebacker Telvin Smith was added as a replacement for Texans linebacker Jadeveon Clowney.
  • Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett was added as a replacement for Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen.
  • Vikings defensive tackle Linval Joseph was added as a replacement for Eagles defensive tackle Fletcher Cox.
  • Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph was added as a replacement for Seahawks tight end Jimmy Graham.
  • Vikings safety Harrison Smith was added as a replacement for Giants safety Landon Collins.

3 hours ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

The eight people who will watch the Pro Bowl will be annoyed at how many roster replacements they are.

Whereas I will be happy that Joe Staley made another one. Dude deserves it. :wub:

6 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm watching the Pro Bowl & not watching the Superbowl! :ph34r:

I won't let you do this to yourself. Not watch the Super Bowl? Ok, I can understand. This hurts and you don't want it to hurt anymore. 

But watching the Pro Bowl? I can only let your depression and self-hatred go so far before I have to step in and stop it. We love you, Dan. We don't want you to go down the wrong path because of one game. There'll be others. Dozens and dozens of others!

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

I won't let you do this to yourself. Not watch the Super Bowl? Ok, I can understand. This hurts and you don't want it to hurt anymore. 

But watching the Pro Bowl? I can only let your depression and self-hatred go so far before I have to step in and stop it. We love you, Dan. We don't want you to go down the wrong path because of one game. There'll be others. Dozens and dozens of others!

We have a bunch of Jaguars there! Last time I'll see those guys "play" for a long time.

On 1/22/2018 at 00:49, GhostMachine said:

Since 2001, the only years that New England didn't win the AFC East were 2002 (Jets, and the first year the Colts were out of the division) and 2008 (Dolphins), and in both those years they still made the playoffs as a Wild Card. 

They did not make the playoffs in 2002 or 2008

The 2008 year was with Matt Cassel at QB, won 11 games, and still missed the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

They did not make the playoffs in 2002 or 2008

The 2008 year was with Matt Cassel at QB, won 11 games, and still missed the playoffs.

They missed out because they had a worse conference win percentage than both Miami and Baltimore. A curse of having a division champion's schedule I am sure.