2017 NFL Season Thread

Maxx

49ers have Garoppolo, Giants had a good team last year and will be a trendy rebound pick with everyone healthy, and the Broncos still frankly are a QB away (reminiscent of the Kyle Boller-era Ravens). Browns meanwhile have nothing, they might strike gold with a QB next year but even then he probably gets them to 6 or 7 wins.

Speaking of the Browns, RGIII turned down the Cardinals and Ravens, who came calling. 

I get why he turned down the Cardinals, because they had too many QBs already when they contacted him. But, dude, you played for frickin' Cleveland last year. ANY other team is a step up.

16 minutes ago, damshow said:

Marvin Lewis will be (finally) leaving Cincinnati after the season. Says he wants to explore other opportunities. Gonna be 100% clear here, I doubt there are any other opportunities for a coach with 0 playoff wins in 15 seasons.

It’s funny how much shit Jim Caldwell gets as being this awful coach but he’s done ok given the talent we have. Yet it seems like people consistently praise Marvin Lewis and he’s basically underachieved wih some talented Bengals teams.

That said, we should move on from Caldwell. He’s made us respectable but we need a guy that can get us over the mediocrity barrier. We’re not awful, and I think we have some really good pieces in place, but our flaws are glaring (defensive line, running game). 

I like Stafford but I also don’t know if he’s ever going to be a guy that can carry a team like Rodgers. Make it easier on him with a run game and defense. His detractors hate this idea because “well then he shouldn’t have the contract he has” and that we wont have money to build d/run game. Whatever.

2 hours ago, damshow said:

Marvin Lewis will be (finally) leaving Cincinnati after the season. Says he wants to explore other opportunities. Gonna be 100% clear here, I doubt there are any other opportunities for a coach with 0 playoff wins in 15 seasons.

Back in 2003, Marvin Lewis took over a Bengals team that had only 5 playoff wins in franchise history.

In 2017, after 15 years, Marvin Lewis will leave a Bengals team that has only 5 playoff wins in franchise history

• Like 6
  • Haha 2