Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

When I saw Tottenham had a positive test I assumed it was Lamela for a bit of the old nose powder...

• Like 3

• Admin

The provisional fixtures and TV times for the first three rounds of matches have been released to Premier League clubs and it is understood to be as follows, with the Merseyside derby in which Liverpool may be able to win the title due to be shown at 7pm on a Sunday night.

The Athletic understands that some of these fixtures are still subject to change and that discussions are continuing, will a final list due tomorrow but that the majority of them are likely to remain as they are.

Wed June 17: Aston Villa vs Sheffield United (6pm – Sky Sports)
Wed June 17: Manchester City vs Arsenal (8.15pm – Sky Sports)
Fri June 19: Norwich vs Southampton (6pm – Sky Sports)
Fri June 19: Tottenham vs Manchester United (8pm – Sky Sports)
Sat June 20: Watford vs Leicester (12.30pm – BT Sport)
Sat June 20: Brighton vs Arsenal (3pm – BT Sport)
Sat June 20: West Ham vs Wolves (5.30pm – Sky Sports)
Sat June 20: Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace (7.45pm – BBC)
Sun June 21: Newcastle vs Sheffield United (2pm – Sky Sports)
Sun June 21: Aston Villa vs Chelsea (4.30pm – Sky Sports)
Sun June 21: Everton vs Liverpool (7pm – Sky Sports)
Mon June 22: Manchester City vs Burnley (8pm – Sky Sports)
Tue June 23: Southampton vs Arsenal (6pm – Sky Sports)
Tue June 23: Tottenham vs West Ham (8.15pm – Sky Sports)
Wed June 24: Manchester United vs Sheffield United (6pm – Sky Sports)
Wed June 24: Newcastle vs Aston Villa (6pm – BT Sport)
Wed June 24: Norwich vs Everton (6pm – BBC)
Wed June 24: Liverpool vs Crystal Palace (8.15pm – Sky Sports)
Thu June 25: Burnley vs Watford (6pm – Sky Sports)
Thu June 25: Leicester vs Brighton (6pm – Sky Sports)
Thu June 25: Chelsea vs Manchester City (8.15pm – Sky Sports)
Thu June 25: Wolves vs Bournemouth (8.15pm – BT Sport)
Sun June 28: Aston Villa vs Wolves (12pm – BT Sport)
Sun June 28: Watford vs Southampton (4.30pm – Sky Sports)
Mon June 29: Crystal Palace vs Burnley (8pm – Amazon)
Tue June 30: Brighton vs Manchester United (6pm – Sky Sports)
Tue June 30: Sheffield United vs Tottenham (8.15pm – Sky Sports)
Wed July 1: Bournemouth vs Newcastle (6pm – Sky Sports)
Wed July 1: Everton vs Leicester (6pm – Sky Sports)
Wed July 1: West Ham vs Chelsea (8.15pm – Sky Sports)
Thu July 2: Arsenal vs Norwich (6pm – BT Sport)
Thu July 2: Manchester City vs Liverpool (8.15pm – Sky Sports)

FA Cup
Sheffield United vs Arsenal (BT Sport), Norwich vs Manchester United (BBC), Leicester vs Chelsea (BT Sport), Newcastle vs Manchester City (BBC)
Selection announced on March 9. New TV slot, date and time to be announced

• Like 1

On 02/06/2020 at 20:04, Liam Mk2 said:

Sky Sports are saying Udinese have offered Matty Longstaff a huge 5-year contract to join them in the summer.

Honestly read that as Marty Jannetty.

49 minutes ago, Baddar said:

3 games for Arsenal in the first 7 days. Ouch. 

Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Chelsea are going to bid for Werner and will discuss a contract with him, providing Liverpool don't match their bid. 

If there's anything to add to this, one of the reputable journalists when it comes to Liverpool has said that he won't be coming to us. There was bits going around for a while that due to the pandemic the club doesn't want to be trying to spend much money. Be gutted but we're in a situation that it wouldn't be a massive blow considering the front three we have. 

2 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

If there's anything to add to this, one of the reputable journalists when it comes to Liverpool has said that he won't be coming to us. There was bits going around for a while that due to the pandemic the club doesn't want to be trying to spend much money. Be gutted but we're in a situation that it wouldn't be a massive blow considering the front three we have. 

Fenway Sports Group is cutting back on spending everywhere. They slashed payroll on the Boston Red Sox too and that was pre-pandemic.

I'm definitely annoyed about this one. I expect Werner to be great in the Prem still, even though the defenses are miles better than in the Bundesliga. Think it's a bit of a crock to say we can't afford him; even saw reports saying we value him less than his release clause which is a real crock. While we still have the front 3, the thought of adding Werner to that trio was just mouth watering. Alas

Steve McManaman was speaking about Werner during a RBL game a few weeks ago, and said that while he thinks he could do great at Liverpool, he'd be more suited to a United or Chelsea, in that they are teams where he'd be guaranteeing himself a starting place.

I don't think he'd come to the PL to sit on the bench.

32 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Steve McManaman was speaking about Werner during a RBL game a few weeks ago, and said that while he thinks he could do great at Liverpool, he'd be more suited to a United or Chelsea, in that they are teams where he'd be guaranteeing himself a starting place.

I don't think he'd come to the PL to sit on the bench.

He'd work at Liverpool to make it so their front 3 stay fresher thoughout the season and also give them flexibility in the event of injury. But he wouldn't be the featured player up front and I don't think that's something he'd really be looking for. Chelsea seems the best landing spot for him.

Honestly only know he exists because he kept being linked to Liverpool.

So I really don't know if he was any good or not. I remember last year the Pulisic thing happened and... I dont think he tore up many trees so far?

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

There's a very good interview with Ruud Gullit on the BBC website to mark the 25th anniversary of his move to Chelsea.

I read that this morning, it's a really good interview I agree. No surprise that his one bad moment at the club was caused by Gwyn Williams, noted racist bully.

Werner is excellent, fair play. Deserves to play for a better team than Liverpool, so would much rather see him at Chelsea.

Liverpool are apparently looking at Kai Havertz instead, who is a very different style of player, but still really quite good.