NFL 2019

Maxx

13 hours ago, Lineker said:

10 hours ago, Sticks Sticksly said:

Talent speaks.

So AB allegedly rapes a couple people and has "several teams expressing interest" and yet KaEpErNiCk Is BlAcKbAlLeD

53 minutes ago, Lineker said:

AB's a piece of shit, but he isn't *really* wrong about the double standard.

13 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

So AB allegedly rapes a couple people and has "several teams expressing interest" and yet KaEpErNiCk Is BlAcKbAlLeD

AB is a HOF level talent, Kaepernick is, at best, a couple Pro Bowl level talent. Obviously, Kaepernick is the better person (as far as I know and I hate I feel the need to say that about anyone), but it's literally a case of talent being valued above all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DMN said:

AB is a HOF level talent, Kaepernick is, at best, a couple Pro Bowl level talent. Obviously, Kaepernick is the better person (as far as I know and I hate I feel the need to say that about anyone), but it's literally a case of talent being valued above all.

That's what I am saying, if Kaep was a starting level quarterback or even a high end backup he'd have a job. Its talent keeping him out of the league at the end of the day.

Teams tend to be pretty liberal with who they give rings out to - a lot of teams will give rings to any player who was on their 53 or practice squad at any point during the season.  If you don't get one, it's probably because you've pissed off the owner.

So yeah, on top of everything else AB lost out on getting an easy ring.

11 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

That's what I am saying, if Kaep was a starting level quarterback or even a high end backup he'd have a job. Its talent keeping him out of the league at the end of the day.

I actually do think Kaep is a low end starter to high end back-up. His bigger issue is you have to design the entire offense around his playstyle to get the full monty out of him, which, along with circumstances on both sides, has made it easier to keep him away.

Like, he'd be perfect in Baltimore's system, but of course you wouldn't start him over Lamar Jackson. They have RGIII as a back-up, who is honestly more talented that Kaepernick, and just overall a better QB, plus that whole thing with Kaepernick's girlfriend before, but Baltimore would be perfect, even Greg Roman is there, they've gone to a Super Bowl together.

If Cam is really, really hurt, and Carolina wanted to try and compete for a playoff spot in a wide open NFC South with Brees injured, that would be another perfect spot.

12 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Teams tend to be pretty liberal with who they give rings out to - a lot of teams will give rings to any player who was on their 53 or practice squad at any point during the season.  If you don't get one, it's probably because you've pissed off the owner.

So yeah, on top of everything else AB lost out on getting an easy ring.

That's what they were saying about Boogie Cousins before last NBA season, too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DMN said:

Plus there really isn't any team that needs Kaepernick at the moment. Why sign a problematic player who hasn't played in a few seasons, was mediocre the last time he did, and will bring along a lot of baggage and a media circus, when you've got backups already signed (most teams) or can grab a vet who is already somewhat familiar with your system (Steelers grabbing Vick)? 

Do I think Kaepernick will ever play in the NFL again? Personally, no. But I won't be surprised at all if he does.

And lets not forget that Kraft isn't the owner who has had bad behavior. Jim Irsay got busted for DUI and drug possession AND paid for a house for his mistress with team money. The mistress thing came out when said mistress overdosed and died in the house. Irsay's punishment? a 6 game supension and a slap on the hand $500,000 fine. I'd rather have the Patriots winning Super Bowls than the Colts as long as Irsay is the owner. Kraft is a saint by comparison.

50 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

And lets not forget that Kraft isn't the owner who has had bad behavior. Jim Irsay got busted for DUI and drug possession AND paid for a house for his mistress with team money. The mistress thing came out when said mistress overdosed and died in the house. Irsay's punishment? a 6 game supension and a slap on the hand $500,000 fine. I'd rather have the Patriots winning Super Bowls than the Colts as long as Irsay is the owner. Kraft is a saint by comparison.

I'm not going to play Whataboutism with you over the guy that supports sex slavery.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DMN said:

I'm not going to play Whataboutism with you over the guy that supports sex slavery.

Thought the investigation showed that the women weren't involved in trafficking/slavery?

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Plus there really isn't any team that needs Kaepernick at the moment.

The Jets are starting an undrafted QB who was on their practice squad and claimed off waivers 30 days ago. The same guy who couldn't crack the Dolphins roster.  This narrative of Kaep being kept out due to anything but the NFL owners not wanting to upset their racist fans with flag boners is a load of nonsense. Nobody is saying Kaep would be an MVP but he 100% would improve a lot of NFL teams. He's just not talented enough to overcome the black balling. 

Im so glad that Ravens got rid of Flacco. That said, anything other than a loss at KC will surprise me.