Football Manager 2018

Lineker

Is this pr0s character a Fulham fan per chance.

Remember that FM when Reading were in the Premier League and their researcher had gone way overboard and made them ridiculous, just unrealistically good and Kevin Doyle like one of the best strikers in the game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Remember that FM when Reading were in the Premier League and their researcher had gone way overboard and made them ridiculous, just unrealistically good and Kevin Doyle like one of the best strikers in the game.

No. It's odd though - I don't think he messes much with the stats at all, whilst I assume there is some of that on the FM one. If anything, Fulham could arguably be better than they'd have been when the game was released due to our shit start to the season, but yeah...I dunno.

7 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

The real veterans remember Marc Tadixz, Brighton's reserve Dutch goalkeeper who never played a professional game in his career but because Marc Vaughan was a Brighton fan, he was basically a wall in goal. Guy had better stats than Buffon and Kahn.

40 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Evandro Roncatto was my go-to cheat player. Also Daniel Braathen.

I remember going to Arsenal/Rosenberg at Highbury for a Champion's League game in 2005 and saw him name on the team sheet. I was telling my Dad how we need to watch out for this Braaten on the wing for Rosenberg as he's dangerous, skilful, quick and has an eye for goal. 

He was shit. We won 5-1. He ended up playing about 6 games for Bolton one year.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Benji said:

Man, that year when Fulham were in the Championship/Division 1 and had shit loads of money in CM/FM was great. I think that may have been the year Taribo West was available on a free at the start.

Championship IIRC. It was glorious.

Crappy Utrecht Striker Robin Nelisse had a good 4 FM titles where he scored at least 20+ every single Eredivisie seasons, despite having none of the stats for it. In real life he had a 2, 9, and a 16 goal season for Utrecht respectively...

I remember so well because I would get talented strikers as Feyenoord or Ajax, but they would never get the golden ball because that Rastafari bastard would always end up one-upping my future stars.

On the flip side, there was also Volendam striker Jack Tuyp who was really prolific as a target man on the Eredivisie level, had some 20/20 seasons for me with both goals and assists.

FM has some weird peculiarities.

Edited by Jasonmufc