Kyrie Irving is the standard edition cover star, DeMar DeRozan is the Canadian edition cover star and Shaq is on the standard and gold Legend editions.
Screenshots of PG, Isaiah and DeRozan
MyGM and MyLeague news from Senior Producer
MyLeague is my favorite mode in the 2K games, so adding a story + G-League and new CBA stuff like supermax deals has me pretty hyped.
So this game released worldwide 2 days ago, and apparently according to the reviews it is p. gud. And most importantly, no Spike Lee in the career mode.
Some changes & additions
- 2016/1992 USA Mens Basketball Team
- 2016 Australian Mens Basketball Team
- 'Living' Arenas, unique sounds and looks of all the 30 different NBA courts.
- 'Dynamic Commentary' with Chris Webber, Steve Smith, Brent Barry, Clark Kellogg, and Doris Burke alternating as third commentator.
- David Aldridge new sideline reporter, replacing Doris Burke.
- MyCareer interviews with EJ/Shaq/Kenny
- More coaching animations and clips during timeouts
- Face scanning now available on PC
- Improved physics and animation, no more 'canned' animations.
- Better ball physics.
- No more ghost limbs, balls will react to all limbs and no longer ghost through whenever the AI pleases. (better hitboxes)
- MyLeague/MyGM expansion teams, to a maximum of 36 teams, with Draft Lotteries and expansion drafts.
- Start MyGM/MyLeague from the off-season.
- Jersey retirements in MyLeague/MyGM
- Rotation Timelines, to finetune exact rotations between all four quarters. (Keep your clutch players in late when they play less early on.)
- MyLeague/MyGM 'Dynamic Rule Changes', to alter certain rules on a yearly basis.
- Team Rivals in MyLeague/MyGM, to slowly build new rivalries between teams as they face each other in playoffs and clutch games.
- New MyCareer story starring Michael B. Jordan. Allowing you once more to play in College, and also to play for Team USA.
- Dynamic Duo, a new chemistry system where two players with great chemistry improve each other when they're on court. (e.g. Klay/Curry)
- More 'choice' and you're not railroaded into Spike Lee's vision of a Harlem kid with a black twin sister and black parents, even though your player is whiter than a carton of milk.
-- TL;DR, lots of shit changed.
It's also getting great reviews on the internet, with IGN giving it a 8.9, Polygon a 8.0, and a lot of others above the 90... So apparently it's p. gud.
Personally though, I'm not sure if I should get it just yet. I've already found it priced around 30 euros on keysites, but with the (pre-)season still a bit away, the chances of starting a legit MyGm/MyLeague with good rosters is a small one, since with training camps a lot of shit is going to no doubt happen.
Anyone here getting the game, or already got it? What are your opinions on this year's title?
A little earlier than last year, but with NBA 2K17 released early on Friday (officially out today), I've got basketball on the mind.
- Kevin Durant joined Golden State, making their starting line-up more dangerous, but hurting their bench depth.
- Russell Westbrook re-upped with OKC, now the franchise player for the Thunder. As well, Serge Ibaka was traded away to Orlando for Victor Oladipo, a young player on the rise.
- Tim Duncan and Amar'e Stoudemire are now retired.
- Dwyane Wade joined the Chicago Bulls, as did Rajon Rondo.
- Everyone got paid crazy money in Free Agency.
- O.J. Mayo was dismissed from the league for violating the drug policy, but will be eligible for reinstatement in two years.
- Most recently Giannis Antetokounmpo re-upped with Milwaukee on a 4-year, $100 M deal while JR Smith and Cleveland are still in limbo on contract negotiations.
Recently Browsing 0 members