NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

What a horrible injury. I really hope this isn’t career ending. Just gut wrenching.

Also, Swaggy P putting down 6 of 7 threes is bananas.

Edited by Twist

Jeremy Lin's done for the year.

Trying to pick some Mavs games to go this year.  Trying my usual strategy of finding cheap tickets to watch an up and coming team with young talent.  Sadly I'm busy the night of the games vs the Sixers and Bucks, and the first T'Wovles meeting.

Leaning towards Pelicans now, $10 for Boogie and Brow sounds good.

On 10/17/2017 at 22:05, Pooker said:

The only thing that LeBron has over Kobe is the ability to get his teammates involved. Other than that, Kobe is so much better than LeBron. I'll agree that Kobe isn't in the top five all time, but I can't name ten players better then him and I hate Kobe.

I couldn't disagree with the bolded part more. I actually thought the stats would help the argument for Kobe, but they really don't. http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/kobe_bryant_vs_lebron_james.htm . Keep in mind, LeBron still has a few quality seasons left.

As for players better than Kobe: MJ, LeBron, Russell, Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq, Oscar, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Malone, Duncan, West... there are other guys I would place above Kobe, but I could see arguments against. Personally, I don't think Kobe is better than any of those guys up there. :)

Edited by Carparama

2 hours ago, Carparama said:

I couldn't disagree with the bolded part more. I actually thought the stats would help the argument for Kobe, but they really don't. http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/kobe_bryant_vs_lebron_james.htm . Keep in mind, LeBron still has a few quality seasons left.

As for players better than Kobe: MJ, LeBron, Russell, Chamberlain, Kareem, Shaq, Oscar, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, Malone, Duncan, West... there are other guys I would place above Kobe, but I could see arguments against. Personally, I don't think Kobe is better than any of those guys up there. :)

Man, I thought that I was the biggest Kobe hater around, but I was wrong.

What makes Kobe better then any of those guys you listed, outside of Jordan, is his determination and how competitive he was. Most players improve during their career but what Kobe turned himself into from what he started as, is simply amazing. He never had to team up with his friends to win a title. He never took games off. Never slacked off during the regular season. The stats might be in Lebrons favor, but I would take Kobe over him any day.

10 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Man, I thought that I was the biggest Kobe hater around, but I was wrong.

What makes Kobe better then any of those guys you listed, outside of Jordan, is his determination and how competitive he was. Most players improve during their career but what Kobe turned himself into from what he started as, is simply amazing. He never had to team up with his friends to win a title. He never took games off. Never slacked off during the regular season. The stats might be in Lebrons favor, but I would take Kobe over him any day.

I mean, for the first three he had Shaq and then they added Pau Gasol for the second two. Just because they didn’t intentionally team up because they were friends doesn’t mean Kobe carried a bunch of smhucks to the championship.

58 minutes ago, Twist said:

I mean, for the first three he had Shaq and then they added Pau Gasol for the second two. Just because they didn’t intentionally team up because they were friends doesn’t mean Kobe carried a bunch of smhucks to the championship.

There's a difference between your team signing/trading for somebody that helps you win a title verus you and your friends getting together and making a deal to play on the same team. And if you remember, Kobe and Shaq didn't get along very well.

57 minutes ago, livid said:

Too much Kobe hate going on in this thread for my liking.

I can't believe I'm defending him. I've never liked him.

• Haha 1