NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

I would laugh like crazy if he just went to another cellar dweller.  Would be what he deserves for crying about it on twitter.

Edit: looks like Jimmy Butler is still his bad locker room self. Apparently after the Jazz/Wolves game last week, Butler instructed security not to let Ricky Rubio in if he tried to come on to say hi to his former teammates.

Complaining on twitter isn't the best way to go about forcing a trade, but I do not blame Bledsoe at all for wanting to leave the directionless dumpster fire that is the Suns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Complaining on twitter isn't the best way to go about forcing a trade, but I do not blame Bledsoe at all for wanting to leave the directionless dumpster fire that is the Suns.

Agreed. He's good enough to be playing on a much better team and I have no problem on him asking for a trade. But doing it on Twitter is not the right move.

On 10/19/2017 at 09:24, Carparama said:

As for players better than Kobe: LeBron, Shaq, Bird, Malone, Duncan, West.

I'll fight you on these. The rest were fine.

Actually, I only pass Russell because of titles and Duncan is more of a case of them being equals but opposites, so he's fine too.)

Edited by DMN

On 10/24/2017 at 13:24, DMN said:

I'll fight you on these. The rest were fine.

Wait, you think Kobe is better than Shaq? That surprises me. Also, LeBron is better than some of the people you gave a pass to. Duncan > Kobe easily, but I could admit Kobe could be = to Malone, West, and Bird.

2 hours ago, Carparama said:

Wait, you think Kobe is better than Shaq? That surprises me. Also, LeBron is better than some of the people you gave a pass to. Duncan > Kobe easily, but I could admit Kobe could be = to Malone, West, and Bird.

I would be interested to know what your top twenty of all time would be.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 19:08, Pooker said:

I would be interested to know what your top twenty of all time would be.

I'm interested to hear yours too! I'm a little iffy on some of the later ranks, and some of these could change as time goes on.

First off, I didn't know I was as high on LeBron as I was until I made this list. Judging by my initial list, I guess my all-time team is:

PG: Magic, Oscar
SG: Jordan, West
SF: LeBron, Bird
PF: Duncan, Malone, Garnett
C: Kareem, Russell, Shaq
With the IR guys being Hakeem, Chamberlain, and Kobe. Huh.

Michael Jordan
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
LeBron James
Bill Russell
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal
Wilt Chamberlain
Magic Johnson
Hakeem Olajuwon
Larry Bird
Karl Malone
Oscar Robertson
Jerry West
Kobe Bryant
Julius Erving
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitski
David Robinson
John Stockton
Scottie Pippen

Edited by Carparama

I take the Mike Missanelli thought process when ranking NBA players, in that I put centers in a completely different category to the other positions. Because the center position differs so, so much compared to the other four positions. It's really impossible to properly compare Shaq and Kobe. Who would you want taking a last second shot? Kobe. But you do you want in the paint, beating and banging all game long? Shaq. It's not something you can fairly access. 

On 10/25/2017 at 14:37, Carparama said:

Kobe is far more skilled than Shaq with less dominant physicals, yeah, he's 'better'. I'd rather have Shaq if you asked me to choose, but Kobe is just better.

Kobe is the concensus #2 SG. Shaq is top 5 at center? Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Hakeem. I wouldn't take Russell over Shaq in today's NBA but it's hard to argue with his championships.

Lebron is great, but he'll always be a poor shadow of what Magic Johnson was to me when I was young.

15 minutes ago, livid said:

We talking prime Shaq or fat Shaq? Because that's the thing, you know what Kobe you're getting the entire time. 

There is Frobe, there is Mamba and there is can't stay healthy Kobe.

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

There is Frobe, there is Mamba and there is can't stay healthy Kobe.

Touche but Frobe/Mamba are mostly the same and can't stay healthy Kobe is just how most players end their careers. 

5 hours ago, Pooker said:

How about rookie Kobe? He wasn't very good.

So are 90% of rookie players.

Me: Hey San Antonio, it was pretty fun going 4-0 and being one of two teams that were undefeated and makes your fans feel comfortable and can be proud of you guys for a bit without Kawhi.

San Antonio: Oh really? So how should we fuck that up, then?

Me: Wait, what?

San Antonio: Oh, we know! How about we lose our next game... to fucking Orlando.

Me: :bang:

San Antonio: And we'll lose by 30 odd points, too.

• Sad 1