NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

LeBron will likely end the season around 7,500 away from Kareem on the scoring list which means he likely needs 4 or 5 years to catch him. I think barring injury or a total drop-off he should easily pass Kareem on the scoring list. 40,000 career points is very much in play. 

And it's an outside chance but he could very well move to 4th all-time in assists before he retires. Currently sitting at 7,539 he needs 3,000 more to pass Nash (this assumes Chris Paul eventually passes Nash). His assist numbers are the most under-talked about part of his game.

Bucks gave up practically nothing unless they wind up having everyone get injured now and the pick winds up in the lottery. Greg Monroe was largely useless to them. I'm a little apprehensive with Bledsoe potentially not meshing with Giannis during the year of Giannis, but I think they'll find a way to make it work.

Mavs win their second of the year, against the Wizards. Dennis Smith Jr looked stunning with 22/8/8, and Harrison Barnes was on top of things too.

Really nice to see that Dennis Smith is just getting more and more confident, and Barnes is getting out of his slump. When they're both rolling, we don't even need Dirk to show up.
Of course the team's still on course for the first overall pick in the draft, which is nice. But i can certainly deal with a few more nice wins and performances as we chug towards the lottery.