NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

• 2 weeks later...

Rodney Hood smacked a phone out of a fans hand tonight after being ejected against the Wizards. Be interesting to see if he gets fined for it.

In other news, it looks like the Jazz are going to trade Derrick Favors to the Bulls for Nikola Mirotic. I'm guessing there's gonna be a first round pick involved too. Trade can't go down until the 15th because of Mirotic's contract but I think it's a done deal. Both players were held out of their games today to a mystery ankle injury and a sudden illness.

Favors needs a change of scenery. Him and Gobert don't play well together. He's a talent kid and can be a dominating starting center in the league. And he's a free agent this summer, so not like he has to stay in Chicago.

I am surprised they actually did it. I assumed the relationship he had with ownership was too strong but I guess not. As a Bucks fan, I am relieved they seem to know they need to make moves to become better because there's no way this team should be grasping for the 8th spot in the East. 

Now here's to hoping Tyronn Lue gets the axe some time, because even if he's friends with LeBron he's not coaching that team one bit. They've gone from winning streaks to losing streaks and are just 'there' as a team.

The fact JR Smith is still in the starting line-up says enough of how utterly devoid of coaching they are. You got LeBron and K-Love trying to keep the team working, and IT is slowly coming back from his injury and has some real rust. But beyond those three the team is just an utter mess.

4 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Now here's to hoping Tyronn Lue gets the axe some time, because even if he's friends with LeBron he's not coaching that team one bit. They've gone from winning streaks to losing streaks and are just 'there' as a team.

The fact JR Smith is still in the starting line-up says enough of how utterly devoid of coaching they are. You got LeBron and K-Love trying to keep the team working, and IT is slowly coming back from his injury and has some real rust. But beyond those three the team is just an utter mess.

But D-Rose came back! :shifty:

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Boogie went 44-24-10, first player since Wilt Chamberlain to have one.

To make it less arbitrary but equally amazing, he's the first since Wilt to have a 40-20-10 game.

To make these stats even crazier, Boogie has never been in a single playoff match. They're currently 6th seed but with a bad run can easily fall out of the playoffs.

I'm not the biggest fan of Cousins, but I really want to see Playoff Boogie get a chance to tear shit up. The Pels have some balance issues like having no wing players, but if they can make a deal or two happen around the deadline, they could become a giant mismatch for any team in the league.