NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

Most of the league's good villains never wound up being great teams. Spurs of the 00s had a villain aura because they beat up on the much more enjoyable to watch Mavericks and Suns. That's subsided now. Warriors are so much fun to watch at times that it's hard to dislike them. Basketball villains have to be tough, defensive teams that keep the pace slow and scoring low. Heat had a superteam villain feel at first but watching LeBron is too much of a unique experience to hate them. The Bad Boy Pistons were absolute megaheels, basically the Four Horsemen of basketball, but it's so far in the past now there's not a real dislike directed towards them.

That's not true about LeBron at all, fans absolutely hated super-team LeBron. It's only when he came back to Cleveland did fans and media suddenly forget they hated him and love him now. Warriors are definitely a heel team to many non-GSW fans, they feel they're overpowered and bully other teams, and a lot say the ridiculous thing in that if they could stop the 3s they'd lose all the time.

I hate GSW purely because Draymond Green is a dirty piece of shit, and not in the classic 'elbows out' dirty, but in the new-age 'advanced kinesiology kick people in the dick' dirty.

Draymond gets away with an ungodly amount of bullshit on the court.

And I don't mind some rough play either, you need a few irritants on the team to light sparks and unnerve the other team. But there's a difference between setting hard hedge-screens and attacking someone's reproductive organs.

Say what you will about guys like Sheed and Ben, they were dirty as hell and they took no shit from anyone, but they actually had some level of respect.

Worst part of Draymond being that he shrugs off allegations and acts like he's a saint.

I have and always will not like LeBron for what he's done. I like to watch him play when he's actually attacking the game and being challenge, but feel like he's being lazy and not trying most of the time.

Durant and Curry are fun to watch play and even funner to watch get beat. But I'm with @Jasonmufc. As long as Draymond is on the Warriors, I won't root for them.

Lazy LeBron is still a top 5 player in the league. I agree that in most regular seasons after he got to Miami he could take it easy because he had a super team around him. It's the only way to get through a meaningless 82-game regular season slate. Teams and players that grind for seeding or playoff spots rarely do anything in the playoffs. So, yes, LeBron takes it easy until April in most seasons but that's basically what the Warriors are doing this entire season and the Spurs do in most seasons. It's a symptom of an unnecessarily long regular season. 30 teams, true round robin 58 games, top 8 overall make playoffs. It'll never, ever happen because of money but that's the way the NBA should do things. It's not the NHL where having half the league make the playoffs actually enhances them.

Oh my god, of course the Spurs has to have the absolute ugliest City Editions jerseys of the entire league. Spoilered for size because good lord:

Spoiler

cityedition.jpg?itok=C0A2jhzW

Fucking camo? Who the hell still wears camo unless they're going into battle? This is the worst one I've seen.

• Sad 1

Sorry but that pales in comparison to the Jazz's City jersey. I would post a picture but can't figure out how to om mobile.

The Jazz, however, are getting a new court design that they'll only use with the city jersey. And it looks pretty sweet. Is any other team doing that?

34 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Sorry but that pales in comparison to the Jazz's City jersey. I would post a picture but can't figure out how to om mobile.

The Jazz, however, are getting a new court design that they'll only use with the city jersey. And it looks pretty sweet. Is any other team doing that?

I thought the Jazz one looked pretty neat. A nice shoutout to Utah's absolutely stunning Red Rock Country. Plus, Utah likes to position itself as Yosemite/Yellowstone/Grand Canyon without the crowds so I'm sure the state is happy they're getting free marketing from the basketball team. I don't know how it'll look in action though.

OKC, Memphis, and San Antonio have bad ones. Wizards need to ditch "Of Columbia" on theirs for it to be great. I'd buy the shit out of "The District" merch just in time for DC statehood. Chicago and Milwaukee have the best ones.

I need to take a look at everybody else's is there a link that shows them all in one place?

I get what the Jazz are trying to do and I'm cool with it, I just don't like the all the different shades of the color on the uniform.

EDIT: Nevermind, found a link too all of them. Jazz and Spurs are the worse, by far. Really like the 76ers and Bulls.

Wow, New York's one is so pretty. That color scheme is so much better than their original jerseys. A firefighter theme is pretty cool, and so much more universal compared to fucking ugly as fuck camo.

Ones I like: New York, Utah, Philly, Memphis (love the story behind it a lot), Wizards (although I wish their numbers were colored black instead of making it white-on-white), Detroit, Portland (it's silly and I love it), Boston (although I wish it wasn't grey, having it a parquet brown would be awesome and silly but probably not practical).

Worst ones are by far the Spurs, Thunder, Dallas, Atlanta, Lakers, Nuggets, Nets, Clippers, Indiana and Phoenix. Sac's one also looks stupid.