NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

15 minutes ago, Pooker said:

So the Cavs just went from Kryie Irving to Jordan Clarkson in less then a year...damn. that's awesome.

Not sure how I will feel if the Jazz make a move today. On one hand, Hood is going to get paid this off season and I don't think he deserves it. And Favors will probably sign elsewhere, so it would suck to lose him for nothing.

But, on the other hand, we've won seven straight games and I wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry and the momentum we've created.

Right on cue... Hood's traded to Cleveland. Utah gets Rose and Crowder. Shumpert's gone to Sacramento to for George Hill.

EDIT: And Wade's traded to Miami?!

Edited by Tyrone

Jazz are going to waive Derrick Rose. Opens up more cap space for this summer. Saves us from paying Hood. Johnson can go play for a contender. Crowder fits in a lot better here then he did in Cleveland. Love the trade.

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

So since the Bulls aren't relevant today I'll ask a question relevant to me. How do you guys think this trade effects IT's fantasy value?

I still feel like his health is the big issue, but I can't believe both he and Ball will actually compliment one another.

So the Cavs better absolutely nail that Nets 1st round pick this draft or they'll wind up having nothing to show for Kyrie except Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance.

These moves are interesting and desperate. I think they're a more dynamic team now with the moves made, but I don't know if that necessarily makes them better.

8 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

So the Cavs better absolutely nail that Nets 1st round pick this draft or they'll wind up having nothing to show for Kyrie except Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance.

These moves are interesting and desperate. I think they're a more dynamic team now with the moves made, but I don't know if that necessarily makes them better.

I think it sets them up in good shape for when LeBron leaves. Clarkson and Hood in the back court, nance and love in the front court, plus whoever they turn the nets pick into.

11 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I think it sets them up in good shape for when LeBron leaves. Clarkson and Hood in the back court, nance and love in the front court, plus whoever they turn the nets pick into.

It's a decent start sure, but I have a hard time believing they're phoning it in this year.

Does it tho? Thomas has been a let down, and from some reports, isn't liked in the locker room. Wade and Rose were useless. Hood and Clarkson fit in, plus are younger. Hill is good, as long as he doesn't give up like he did for the Jazz last year.

On 9-2-2018 at 01:06, Pooker said:

Does it tho? Thomas has been a let down, and from some reports, isn't liked in the locker room. Wade and Rose were useless. Hood and Clarkson fit in, plus are younger. Hill is good, as long as he doesn't give up like he did for the Jazz last year.

I don't know what IT's locker room attitude was because it's all hearsay. But I think people are too harsh on his performances when he was only back for 15 games in a season that he shouldn't have been playing in anyways.

At the same time, the Cavs have been in shambles even before he got back, but IT seems to have been the perfect guiding rod to blame the team's woes on.

I do hope he refinds his form in LA, or any other team that might want to pay for him in the off-season.

Yeah, IT's just been treated badly by everyone else since he was blindsided in Boston at the start of the season. The Celtics didn't show their appreciation by just giving him up, Cleveland weren't happy that he was coming to them injured, and he was constantly made the scapegoat for all the nonsense happening in that team, from Dan Gilbert to Lue to LeBron. I bet if they could they'd have blamed Love's injury on him as well.

The Jazz just won their 10th straight game, beating the Blazers in Portland last night, and the Spurs tonight in Utah. The NBA's hottest team has a record better then .500 for the first time since Decemeber. And we've won the last two without Ricky Rubio, who was the catalyst for this winning streak in the first place.

LaVar Ball is saying that Lonzo won't re-sign with the Lakers, unless they sign LiAngelo. In fact, he wants all 3 of his sons to play for the Lakers.

When is Lonzo going to wise up and tell his father to shut the fuck up? Lonzo isn't that great, and it would be no big loss if he's gone when his contract ends. In fact, if his father keeps running his mouth, I hope the Lakers trade him....to one of the worst teams in the league.

47 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

If he refuses to sign, he can't actually sign with another team can he?

Well if he's a restricted free agent, other teams are allowed to make a bid for him albeit those teams would give up certain picks if he ends up signing, depending on the size of the contract that was offered.

Lakers can at all times match offers made for the RFA, and the player cannot refuse a matched offer over another offer, to protect the matching team.

But I don't recall what happens if a player just straight up sits out his RFA. And I assume the Lakers will keep his rights for a set amount of time, or be allowed to make a new qualifying offer in the following off-season.

I really don't see Lonzo walking out of LA just because his dad is posturing like the utter twatbag he is. But I can totally see Magic trading his ass just to get rid of the cancer that is LaVar Ball.

Lonzo's a good kid who can play a good bit of basketball, but the antics surrounding him aren't good for a team, and I'm certain there's a limit of what the Lakers would accept from them. Threatening to walk out because LaVar wants to see his two other kids be Lakers are a quick way to fall out of grace. Especially because those two kids have no NCAA experience, and are playing basketball in the Lithuanian Basketball Leagues, which proves nothing about their skill.

I think the Lakers might move him as quickly as they set sights on a replacement young PG in the upcoming drafts. And with a glut of talented guards in the league, the PG position isn't holy anymore.

I'm not sure a lot of teams would take Lonzo in a trade, knowing it means putting up with LaVar. It is more likely Lonzo ends up playing with his brothers in Lithuania than in the NBA, all due to the headache that is LaVar Ball.