NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

Donvon Mitchell continues to prove that he's the best rookie this year, dropping a Jazz record for rookies and the highest any rookie has scored this season, 41 points as the Jazz win their fifth straight game. All without Rudy Gobert.

7 hours ago, Pooker said:

Donvon Mitchell continues to prove that he's the best rookie this year, dropping a Jazz record for rookies and the highest any rookie has scored this season, 41 points as the Jazz win their fifth straight game. All without Rudy Gobert.

Umm. I mean, he’s good but best rookie this year?

No one is even close to Ben Simmons. And even if you mean this draft class then Jason Tatum is  ahead of Mitchell for me.

Best rookie in the west?

The talent level of this rookie class is insane. Simmons is amazing, definitely a once in a generation player. Love watching him play. Tatum is playing good, as well. I probably rank Mitchell higher then Tatum because I see Mitchell more.

• Like 1

It's shocking how bad the Wizards are when John Wall isn't available to play. Marcin Gortat was leading the team in assists (3) where the rest only had 1, the team is completely stagnant without him around, and they really need to run into Free Agency and get a guy like Andre Miller to actually deliver some playmaking.

I'm glad we got to play the Wizards without Wall last night. This month is absolutely insane for the Jazz. Three games against the Thunder, two against the Cavs and Rockets, games against the Spurs, Boston, and Golden State. A six game road trip included. We need all the easy wins we can get.

27 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Jahlil Okafor's been traded to Brooklyn.

Jahlil, Stauskas, 2nd round pick for Trevor Booker

Classic 76ers wheeler dealing, as in, they're basically giving away shit.

Stauskas is a warm body, but if Jahlil pans out and refinds his groove, this is 100% a win for the Nets. Trevor Booker is a hustle and locker-room guy, but he really adds little.

Sixers had zero space for Okafor and it's kind of surprising they got anything for him. But they're probably a playoff team this year so might as well get a guy like Booker who has been there, adds depth, and seems like a good locker room personality for that run. They don't need that 2nd round pick, they still have a decent amount of future draft picks. And Stauskas was useless so this is akin to cutting him.

11 minutes ago, damshow said:

Sixers had zero space for Okafor and it's kind of surprising they got anything for him. But they're probably a playoff team this year so might as well get a guy like Booker who has been there, adds depth, and seems like a good locker room personality for that run. They don't need that 2nd round pick, they still have a decent amount of future draft picks. And Stauskas was useless so this is akin to cutting him.

Also. he becomes tradeable again just before the trade deadline so they could package him and Amir Johnson if they go after anybody with a larger salary at the deadline. 

Now I await to see if the Bucks overpay for DeAndre Jordan or wait until there are no viable alternatives for the Clippers. 

Edited by livid

On 12/14/2017 at 10:29, Pooker said:

The Jazz are going to finish this month with a 3-15 record, I can feel it. Good news is that Donovon Mitchell will be leading all rookies in scoring by the end of the month.

I say this and of course we beat the Celtics tonight. And after losing Gobert and Favors to injuries.

Do you guys remember the Lorenzen Wright murder from 7 years ago?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/courts/2017/12/15/sherra-lorenzen-wright-arrested-california-memphis-nba/929512001/

Lorenzen Wright's ex-wife has been charged with murder in his death following an investigation authorities called Operation Rebound, officials said Saturday in an announcement that came seven years after the former NBA player's slaying.

Sherra Wright, 46, has been indicted on charges of first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder, Memphis police Director Michael Rallings said. Federal marshals arrested her late Friday in California and she was being held in Riverside County.

Authorities said Wright and co-defendant Billy Turner are charged with previously trying to kill Lorenzen Wright.

Outlining the background of the investigation, Memphis police Major Darren Goods, of the Multi-Agency Gang Unit, said in late May or early June last year members of the gang unit said they received information about the Lorenzen Wright case. Command staff gave permission to give the case a second look, Goods said.

"We wanted to investigate it as though it had just happened, so that's what we did," Goods said. "We followed the evidence. We actually went to the crime scene and walked in Lorenzen's final steps."

In naming the investigation, Goods said that in basketball, a rebound gives you a second chance to score a basket and win.

"We have Lorenzen Wright who was a homegrown young man," Goods said. "He was raised in this city, he went to high school in this city, he played basketball in this city for the University of Memphis ... and he came back to play professional basketball in this city and, unfortunately, Mr. Wright lost his life in this city ... This will give us a second chance to bring some closure to this case and give this grieving family some relief."