NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

Drummond responded with 4/6 at the line after the 0-7. Two of which with the game tied late in the 4th. 

I think more importantly, he didn't get discouraged by the 0-7 game. 

I actually think this Piston team could be pretty good. Probably not a contender but maybe just maybd top half of the East? Getting Avery Bradley and letting KCP go is the big move that is really paying off. Bench is solid, and Reggie Jackson is playing really well now that he is healthy. I think Stan finally has a handle on the rotation which is good.

They're going to be a beast in the next season.

I'm so tired that all any NBA media speaks about now is still how weak the East apparently are, when they aren't. The entire league is really great right now, and any team can win anytime. Sure, the playoffs might be a write-off as it'll just be GSW winning their third championship in four years, but who cares, the regular season is so fun. They're leading in interconference games if I'm not mistaken, and last night they went 4-0 in those games, all on the road as well.

Fucking Dallas are pushing the Cavs right now, and it's a really exciting game. Basketball is awesome.

Smith and Donovon Mitchell are definitely looking like the steals of the draft.

The thing that impressed me most about Lonzo's triple double last night was that after the game, he called it meaningless cause they didn't pick up the victory.

40 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Smith and Donovon Mitchell are definitely looking like the steals of the draft.

The thing that impressed me most about Lonzo's triple double last night was that after the game, he called it meaningless cause they didn't pick up the victory.

Kyle Kuzma is averaging 15 points and 6 rebounds as an undersized power forward on the Lakers. 27th overall and a 22 year old rookie, so he's been pretty impressive too.
Lauri Markkanen is going 14.5 and 8 at the Bulls.

As a whole there's so much talent in this year's draft, it's mental. 

Of course, Ben Simmons will win ROTY most likely, but the true rookie of the year is hotly contested

I knew Kuzma was gonna be good from watching him play with the Utes the last few years. Lakers got a steal too. Lauri is benefiting from the Bulls literally having nobody at all, but is playing very well.

Best rookie class in a long time. I haven't been this excited for a Jazz rookie since Deron Williams.

Ben Simmons is just a joy to watch. Good attitude and knows the game well.

EDIT: Rudy Gobert is going to be out for the next four to six weeks with a bone bruise in his knee. Hopefully Dion Waiters gets suspended for a few games for intentionally diving at Goberts legs.

He's right about half of that equation. He just buys into hype way too much, treating every new day like a day to make an NBA take. He clearly loves basketball, maybe a bit too much.

I admittedly liked him more when he was still the Boston sports fan on Page 2, some of his ideas (Grantland) were well-conceived but as a personality he's just been pretty annoying and full of himself. He's just such a sports bro who is living out his fantasy by rubbing shoulders with athletes and celebs everywhere he goes. And what used to be a unique, relatable voice for a generation of sports fans is now an annoying middle-aged man voice.

7 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Fuck Enes Kanter. The guy goes everywhere and acts like he loves the place just because he's fucking terrified he'll be cut because he sucks so much balls.

Besides Utah. Ripped us to shreds after he left, even admitting that he didn't try as hard as he could have. And for that, he can fuck off forever.

8 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Dennis Smith has a career 27 point game on 43% shooting. Kid's unreal

https://streamable.com/od4wx

His jumping is unreal, like he doesn't even push off, he just starts floating towards the rim at high speed. The landing mechanisms are still a bit hokey, at times, though.

Gave my Spurs a scare there in the 4th. He's special, for sure.

• Like 1

This Jazz team is one of the most frustrating teams I've ever watched. On one hand, we have amazing defense (held Kristaps to 8 points under his season average tonight), are number one in the league in free throw shooting, and have an amazing rookie in Donovon Mitchell.

On the other hand, they have nobody with a killer instinct on offense, our coach has no idea how to use Ricky Rubio, and we don't have a clear cut leader that I can see.

So what does this team do? I still think that once Rudy Gobert and Joe Johnson come back, we have enough talent to sneak into the playoffs. Or do we hold them out, tank, and get a high draft pick? Or wait and see if a superstar becomes available by trade?

I honestly have no idea where this team is going and they're becoming frustrating to watch.

Also, I really want to root for the Knicks. Love Hornacek as a coach, Kristaps is amazing, like their PG rookie, and Hardaway Jr is turning into a good player. Too bad that Kanter plays for them. 

Joel Embiid's career night: 46 Pts, 15 Rebs, 7 Asts, 7 Blks on 14/20 shooting, 2/3 from 3 and 16/19 from the FT line in 34 minutes while holding the Lakers centers to a combined 5/24 shooting

That's some insane process.

Also of players having played more than 10 games and averaged more than 10 shots a game, only Marcus Smart (.341) and Lonzo Ball (.351) are shooting under 40% EFFECTIVE FG%
Lonzo's just a pain to watch whenever he's thinking about shooting, because you can just see the defense start to box out already knowing it's gonna brick. His form is atrocious too.

Edited by Jasonmufc