NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

I won't say that I don't think he's confident in his kids, because obviously he is. But I think it's more with Lavar that he see's dollar signs and he's going to sell, sell, sell until it all crashes down. He's right in that one game does not a career make, but Lonzo could play like that for the next decade, and he'll still be the same way. Christ, he even said in that video that he could get 20 points nowadays, and I very much doubt he ever scored 20 points in a game in his prime. There's confidence and then there's fool's confidence. And if there's no such thing as fool's confidence, there should be. :shifty::P 

Fool's confidence sounds amazing and should definitely be a thing.

I think he's right when he says that the Lakers just need to learn to play with Lonzo. He does seem to have that type of game that will take them a while to gel together. Kinda like Ricky Rubio. But yea, when he starts talking about himself, he's full of shit.

Also, Rockets are thinking that Chris Paul might be out for a month. If they fall behind in the rest, things could get interesting between him and Harden.

On 10/19/2017 at 13:36, Pooker said:

What makes Kobe better then any of those guys you listed, outside of Jordan, is his determination and how competitive he was. Most players improve during their career but what Kobe turned himself into from what he started as, is simply amazing. He never had to team up with his friends to win a title. He never took games off. Never slacked off during the regular season. The stats might be in Lebrons favor, but I would take Kobe over him any day.

I'm strictly saying who is the better player, not who is the most competitive. If we are going by pure drive, yeah, Kobe is probably #2 all-time. At least, based on what the public has seen. His work ethic was insane.

On 10/19/2017 at 13:43, Hard BD said:

That's insane. I love would take Kobe over any player barring MJ during a clutch situation, but other than that, LBJ all the way.

I haven't looked it up yet, but I feel there has been a bunch of evidence about how Kobe wasn't really as good of a clutch player as he is given credit for. I'll see if I can find it. Basically, I'm speculating about something I feel I read four or five years ago, that backed it up.

That being said, dude has hit some crazy shots.

EDIT: It feels like many articles are picking and choosing, but this one is pretty interesting. https://www.libertyballers.com/2012/2/29/2832299/lebron-james-kobe-bryant-dwyane-wade-clutch-nba-playoffs-4th-quarter

Edited by Carparama

3 hours ago, Carparama said:

I'm strictly saying who is the better player, not who is the most competitive. If we are going by pure drive, yeah, Kobe is probably #2 all-time. At least, based on what the public has seen. His work ethic was insane.

Guess I include competitiveness and drive in how I compare while player is better. I will agree that LeBron is probably a better all around player than Kobe was, but, for me, once you include the work ethic, drive, and determination to be the best, I think Kobe is better. My opinion of Kobe has changed a lot since he retired, so maybe it will with LeBron too.

Can somebody go have Stephan A. Smith interview LaVar Ball about how Lonzo did tonight?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carparama said:

I also include it, I just don't value it as much as other skills. We can agree to disagree.

That being said, maybe Durant surpasses all of 'em. :)

Nah, it'll be Ben Simmons.

Going to the Jazz/Thunder game tonight. First time going to the arena since the major remodel this summer and it'll be my daughter's first sporting event of any kinda. Should be a good time.

As a Bulls fan it's basically like rooting for a team that sets itself on fire but Lauri has looked good in both games so at least this rookie might be a real asset in the new style NBA. 

As soon as I type this he turns it over twice the end the half and he's definitely rough around the edges but his shooting is fantastic and his effort on the glass has been consistent. 

Edited by Trey

Jazz looked great tonight against the Thunder. Held Westbrook to 6 points. Upset Melo and George enough that they both got a tech. Defense looked amazing. Gobert is a beast. And Ricky Rubio reminds me of John Stockton.

Porzingis had another awesome stat line...but sadly it's going to be a long, bland season for both New York teams.  I'm hoping the Knicks are so bad they get a top 3 pick though...but competition amongst the bad teams in this league will be tough.

Pistons showed some grit last night which was nice. 

I can't fucking believe Anthony Tolliver was the catalyst to our victory. He came in and started doing all the little things and sparked us. 

I really want this team to succeed, not expecting a ring, but how about a 6th seed? 

I really like that Porzingis though. Hell of a shooter. 

And now Bledsoe has been sent home from practice, and the Suns want to hear offers from him. 

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

If I didn't already have a team I would for sure be all about the Timberwolves. They are a lot of fun to watch

Yeah, they're so dynamic. Wolves, OKC, GSW and the Bucks for the Greek Freak are definitely the most fun teams to watch this season.