NFL 2020

Lineker

8 minutes ago, LL. said:

Nothing that makes me have to pick up the Jets defense is a good thing. How DARE these players get COVID. 😡

...the Jets have a defense? :huh:

• Like 1

It's a bit ridiculous that all teams don't have grass anyway. It's not that hard to keep a grass surface in top shape for 8-16 games a year. There's so much money involved yet they're cheaping out and risking the player's health.

4 minutes ago, TCO said:

It's a bit ridiculous that all teams don't have grass anyway. It's not that hard to keep a grass surface in top shape for 8-16 games a year. There's so much money involved yet they're cheaping out and risking the player's health.

Yes it is.  The Bears can't do it.  Patriots had issues to the point that they replaced their grass with turf in the middle of the season.

Just now, Maxx said:

Yes it is.  The Bears can't do it.  Patriots had issues to the point that they replaced their grass with turf.

Rugby and association football teams all over the world manage to do it in all different types of climate with a whole lot more games played on it NFL.

• Like 2

That's great, baseball has no problem with it either.  NFL teams playing NFL football seem to have issues with it, so clearly its not the easiest thing in the world.  In theory every team with an outdoor stadium should have grass, but northern teams have difficulty in doing so.  Hell, Buffalo has never even bothered to try.

And like Damshow said, how do you address that with indoor stadiums? 

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

That's great, baseball has no problem with it either.  NFL teams playing NFL football seem to have issues with it, so clearly its not the easiest thing in the world.  In theory every team with an outdoor stadium should have grass, but northern teams have difficulty in doing so.  Hell, Buffalo has never even bothered to try.

And like Damshow said, how do you address that with indoor stadiums? 

I'm not saying it's easy and won't be expensive but it's possible. Grass pitches nowadays have synthetic grass woven into them and are much easier to maintain with modern technology. They can be shipped in and relaid whenever too. You said it yourself, teams haven't even bothered trying.

The Rams just built a 5 billion dollar stadium with all the sunshine in the world and still use synthetic turf. The average franchise is worth 3 billion. It can be done. With domed stadiums, I'd imagine they'd get a grandfather clause to allow turf. 

29 minutes ago, TCO said:

I'm not saying it's easy and won't be expensive but it's possible. Grass pitches nowadays have synthetic grass woven into them and are much easier to maintain with modern technology. They can be shipped in and relaid whenever too. You said it yourself, teams haven't even bothered trying.

The Rams just built a 5 billion dollar stadium with all the sunshine in the world and still use synthetic turf. The average franchise is worth 3 billion. It can be done. With domed stadiums, I'd imagine they'd get a grandfather clause to allow turf. 

Buffalo hasn't bothered to try because its Buffalo, New York and it would be a nightmare to keep that grass alive.

2 hours ago, LL. said:

This is what I'm banking on!!!

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

It's going to be the presidential debate of NFL games - like a car crash you can't turn away from.

51 minutes ago, E X P A N D said:

That's kinda insulting towards the car crash, tbf.

Brett Rypien ‘bout to drop dimes all over your faces. :angry: