NFL 2020

Lineker

2 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Idk he was 4-0 in regular season primetime games before tonight. It's frustrating because when the offense loses rhythm it gets messy. Good pass rushes just get to him and then for whatever reason they stop running the ball. It's the same thing that happened against Tennessee where receivers weren't snaring balls and the o-line got blown up. Instead of just going back to the run they keep trying to establish the pass and the frustration just grows.

Though he's 21-4 as a starter in the regular season, with 3 losses to KC. The only player he really can't beat it seems is Mahomes.

Yeah I dont doubt those numbers - just seems like against Tennessee he was getting pouty and uncomposed and felt like it happened tonight again. He's definitely elite though - I'd take him over Cousins lol

Lamar needs better receivers, while Hollywood is good he's still young and inconsistent and really needs a true No.1 out there to compliment him.  He needs a reliable bigger bodied WR.  Boykin has the size but doesn't have the skills.   Mark Andrews is great, but as a TE he can only do so much. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

Lamar needs better receivers, while Hollywood is good he's still young and inconsistent and really needs a true No.1 out there to compliment him.  He needs a reliable bigger bodied WR.  Boykin has the size but doesn't have the skills.   Mark Andrews is great, but as a TE he can only do so much. 

Of their main WRs only Willie Snead has played more than 20 games professionally. It felt like at the start of the year it could be a problem, and against a strong defense it is. I don't know what moves (besides the obvious Antonio Brown one that I would rather they not do) can be made to give the WR group an immediate boost.

Titans had three players and five personnel test positive.  Titans and Vikings (who they played last week) have now suspended in-person activities as everyone in both organizations will have to be tested.

Likely will require multiple negative tests to be cleared just as they did at the start of camp, meaning both teams are looking at a very short window of time to practice ahead of their next games.

27 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

What does the league do if positive tests roll in throughout the week for both teams? Adjust their bye weeks? Forfeits?

Fire John Elway

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I mean fortunately the NFL has one game a week which dramatically reduces some risks that, say, baseball couldn't avoid. But there's still only so much movement you can do to the schedule before you have to start looking at just cancelling games or having a week 18 for makeup games or something.

With it being this early they could mess around with the bye weeks, but they'd only be able to go so far with that kind of thing. 

4 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

I mean fortunately the NFL has one game a week which dramatically reduces some risks that, say, baseball couldn't avoid. But there's still only so much movement you can do to the schedule before you have to start looking at just cancelling games or having a week 18 for makeup games or something.

The only problem with this is the Super Bowl being booked for a certain day and it being a huge issue with many ripple effects to move it. 

Just now, LL. said:

The only problem with this is the Super Bowl being booked for a certain day and it being a huge issue with many ripple effects to move it. 

Yeah, the flexibility is tight. But they typically have two weeks between the conference championships and Super Bowl so there is some flexibility. They did it, I believe, the year of 9/11 when they had to push the entire regular season back a week.

We'll see. But they don't have the luxury for teams to have to make up 2 games that's for sure.