2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Had four hours sleep. Worth it. Really happy with our pick.  

My thinking is that Sewell starts at RT. Then, as Decker gets older you can swap them over and have continuity on the left side whilst getting every last bit out of Decker too. 

• Like 1

No, I totally get that. Justin Fields should come in and learn the offense/NFL game first. I know he's highly rated by some, but I absolutely think he's a guy who is going to have a bigger learning curve than others.

I see no issue with them naming Dalton the starter...in April. Once they get to camp and if Fields outplays him, it’s not like can’t name him the starter then. But the day after drafting Fields, sure I can understand why they didn’t instantly name him QB1. It’s all bullcrap offseason talking points that won’t mean booty come September.

4 hours ago, Buschie Kay said:

It just means the second Dalton loses a game everyone will be calling for the switch to be made.  The days of doing a smooth midyear transition are largely over.

Week 1 is gonna be lit. 

I was really hoping the Steelers would move up to do something to address the QB situation, especially when Jones and Fields were still available after the top 10, but far be it for me to expect the Steelers to do something exciting. At least Harris is a good player who can keep the offense a bit more varied.

Moment of the evening was the Sweet Caroline portion. Great stuff.

Schlereth was on McAfee today, says his source on the Rodgers/Broncos trade has never steered him wrong before and still thinks it’ll get done.

I’m fascinated to see what a potential return looks like because I don’t know how much leverage Green Bay really have.  Rodgers is 37 and has made so much money in his career, you can’t discount the possibility that he’ll just not show up if he isn’t moved.

Since Green Bay had a need at corner (and picked one) maybe they try to push for Surtain since he’s a better prospect than whatever pick in the 20s they’d get from a Rodgers led Denver team next year.