2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Lions definitely did the right thing. Goff probably isn't the long-term guy but they just locked down a crucial position for a decade and when they do find the long-term guy he won't be constantly under siege and be able to develop.

Detroit had a really great draft and I think it'll pay dividends for them right away.

They really did. I was a bit shocked to see the go DT in back to back rounds, but the two they got are disruptive and athletic. Our DTs were pretty poor, easy to focus on the linebackers and WRs, but we had nothing other than Michael Brockers at DT. 

Honestly, if Detroit were sitting at #2 I'd have been perfectly happy with Sewell. 

Dan Campbell's call to him was awesome also. 

I love the attitude of these two guys so much. They are such a breath of fresh air after the Quintricia stick up their ass regime (seriously, Bob Quinn told TJ Hockenson that he "has too much fun". I almost feel like we'll be better because our coaches wont hate the fucking coaching staff). 

• Like 1

• Admin

The Dallas Cowboys will not pick up Leighton Vander Esch's fifth-year option in 2022, according to his agent, Ron Slavin, which will make the 2018 first-round pick an unrestricted free agent after the upcoming season.

The Seattle Seahawks are not expected to pick up the fifth-year option on running back Rashaad Penny, a source told ESPN. Penny is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2021 season. The Seahawks have not picked up the fifth-year option on any of their previous three first-round picks since the options were added in the last collective bargaining agreement; Seattle declined its options on guard James Carpenter, linebacker Bruce Irvin and tackle Germain Ifedi.

Thursday Night Football will move to a digital-only format with Amazon Prime Video in 2022, a year earlier than originally announced, the NFL said Monday.

As a result, 2021 will mark the final season of the Thursday night package on FOX.

The NFL's quicker-than-expected shift to a larger streaming package reflects trends accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic, among other factors. It is part of a larger set of broadcast deals the NFL reached in March that will also expand digital distribution for all of its current broadcast partners, including FOX, CBS, NBC and ABC/ESPN.

Amazon first partnered with the NFL in 2017 as part of tri-broadcast distribution on Thursday nights. Those games will be available to a national audience only on Amazon Prime Video when the new agreement kicks in for 2022. The NFL, however, has pledged to broadcast them over-the-air in the broadcast markets of the participating teams.

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

That really sucks for JOK, but Cleveland got a major steal getting him when they did. 

I really wanted Detroit to take him in round 2, but not disappointed by our choice either way. Cleveland had a nice draft though, if the first few picks really work out they may have a scary good team. 

• Admin

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The brother of a Chicago Bears player was found dead at a North Carolina electrical substation on Sunday, authorities said.

Tyrell Antar Cohen, brother of running back Tarik Cohen, is believed to have died by electrocution while trying to climb power equipment, according to Wake County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Eric Curry.

Curry said Tyrell Cohen fled the scene of a car accident in Raleigh early Saturday morning. Police tried to locate the 25-year-old but couldn't, so they called off the search.

Cohen's family filed a missing person report with the police department Saturday night, according to Curry, and officers started looking for him again Sunday morning.

The sheriff's office responded to a call shortly after 9 a.m. from a Duke Energy substation in its jurisdiction, where an employee had discovered Cohen's body, Curry said.

"He entered the substation, which may have been resulting from the accident," Curry said, according to The Raleigh News & Observer.

Authorities do not suspect foul play, according to news releases from Wake County deputies and Raleigh police.

Tarik Cohen grew up in Franklin County and graduated from North Carolina A&T State University. He has run for 1,585 yards and nine touchdowns in 51 games in four seasons with Chicago.

"We are heartbroken to learn of the death of Tarik Cohen's twin brother, Tyrell," the Bears said in a statement late Sunday evening. "Our immediate thoughts and prayers go out to Tarik, his mother, Tilwanda, and the rest of their family and loved ones. On behalf of the entire Bears family, we extend our most heartfelt sympathies to all who mourn his loss."

12 hours ago, LL! said:

You might say that Johnson Kerrys on. 

@LL! I think GM figured out your password!

• Sad 1