2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

9 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Jets have drafted two separate players, both named Michael Carter.

Making sure they get the one they wanted!

3 minutes ago, DFF said:

Making sure they get the one they wanted!

I've heard there is currently a man holding a gun in the war room at both of them asking the real one to prove himself not the impostor. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LL! said:

Not sure a WR is what the Cowboys need right now...

Not a ton of depth beyond the top 3 and Gallup's probably gone after the season anyways. 

Giants drafted the older brother of Greedy Williams but he's already 25 years old and they're fairly loaded at DB, so he's a longshot to make the team but if he makes some big special teams plays in preseason who knows.

They're actually at 88 players on their roster already (max is 90) so either a whole bunch of guys are about to get cut or they're gonna go very light on UDFA signings.  Could be a common thing around the league given the difficulties of scouting this year.

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Cowboys draft a guy who had to leave FSU because of domestic violence allegations.  Thanks Jerry <_<

You'd think Jerruh would have learned after Greg Hardy right?

A kid I shared a class with in high school, Jamie Newman signed with the Eagles undrafted. I remember him being a really nice guy so I'm a little sad how it all turned out for him. At one point he was getting mocked as a potential second or third rounder but he opted out of school due to Covid and struggled at the senior bowl. Maybe I'm biased but I feel like he has a higher upside then some of the QB's who got drafted in those late rounds. At least they're giving him a chance!

10 minutes ago, SilentHitman said:

A kid I shared a class with in high school, Jamie Newman signed with the Eagles undrafted. I remember him being a really nice guy so I'm a little sad how it all turned out for him. At one point he was getting mocked as a potential second or third rounder but he opted out of school due to Covid and struggled at the senior bowl. Maybe I'm biased but I feel like he has a higher upside then some of the QB's who got drafted in those late rounds. At least they're giving him a chance!

I wanted the Lions to draft him, couldn't believe he was there in round 7. 

• Like 5