2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

The Jets trading for Tebow in the 2012 offseason still gives me a chuckle.  Yeah the Broncos were always dumping Tebow after getting Manning, but there was no practical use for Tebow on the Jets at all.  Say what you will about Sanchez but they'd just gotten to two straight AFC title games with him and bringing in Tebow just guaranteed a firestorm if Sanchez struggled.

It was so transparently obvious that the Jets were more concerned with making a headline-grabbing splash after the Giants had just won a Super Bowl a month earlier.

The schedule drops today, probably the only league where the schedule feels like it matters somewhat.  I mean everyone knows who and where they're playing but with Thursday and Monday games impacting rest schedules, certain places having bad weather late in the year, etc. the actual way your schedule is laid out is kinda important.

Giants will be opening at home against the Broncos the day after the 20th anniversary of 9/11.  They played the day before the tragedy so there's a bit of a tie-in there.

You never know with week 1 but on paper it should be one of the more winnable games on the schedule (unless the Rodgers trade happens, of course).

Jets play the Darnold-led Panthers in week 1.

• Like 1

Buccs/Cowboys is being reported for week 1

Edit - see below

Screenshot_20210512-142024_Facebook.jpg

In weird bits of trivia I'm interested in, Denver  isn't playing a MNF game for the first time in 29 years. I kinda forget there's always at least 1 team that misses out on MNF during the season and with there being more focus on putting good matchups on that day I suspect it's going to be more and more non-contenders being "relegated" to the Sunday afternoon slots. Which I love because wacky games between non-contenders are why I love RedZone.

• Like 3