Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

City are looking for the fan who assaulted Robin Olsen when they ran on the pitch. The only thing that could possibly stop this is punishing the clubs, because evidently fines and jail sentences don't mean anything to these clowns.

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

Really don’t think you’ve read the room on that one.

56 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

I think you don’t realize that a lot of us will take the evil blue team with a whiny coach owned by money barons with plastic fans winning over the evil red team with a whiny coach owned by money barons with plastic fans :shifty:  

Ok fine.

But Liverpool winning the title on the final day wouldve been at least more entertaining?

38 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

City are looking for the fan who assaulted Robin Olsen when they ran on the pitch. The only thing that could possibly stop this is punishing the clubs, because evidently fines and jail sentences don't mean anything to these clowns.

It has to be points deductions, only way it'll have any impact.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Colly said:

It has to be points deductions, only way it'll have any impact.

Having seen the video there’s no intent on the fan’s part. His arms are up, he doesn’t notice Olsen and his arm catches him as he passes. The steward then gets clattered by another fan not paying attention.

So it’s not the same as the Bill Sharp situation but the club should be held accountable. Accidental or not, it wouldn’t have happened if the fans weren’t on the pitch and City are responsible for making sure that doesn’t happen.

23 minutes ago, Twist said:

Having seen the video there’s no intent on the fan’s part. His arms are up, he doesn’t notice Olsen and his arm catches him as he passes. The steward then gets clattered by another fan not paying attention.

So it’s not the same as the Bill Sharp situation but the club should be held accountable. Accidental or not, it wouldn’t have happened if the fans weren’t on the pitch and City are responsible for making sure that doesn’t happen.

Meh.... I get this, I do. But fucking hell, pitch invasions have happened since day dot. Football is about the fans. I understand that there's a need to look after the players and officials welfare but also let's not fucking steralise football any more than it already has been. No one would give a fuck about any of these other minor instances if it wasn't for the cunt that nutted Billy Sharp.

Also EZClap, never in danger. *Copium*

3 hours ago, Hobo said:

Yeah. It was academic really once city equalised.

I think that everyone would have enjoyed it more if Liverpool had clinched it. But city winning is 🤷‍♂️

Hahaha fuck off. The only reason anyone outside of Liverpool fans wanted Liverpool to win is because of the potential of you doing the quadruple. And even that's only because in some circles Liverpool fans are slightly less annoying than Man Utd fans that haven't shut up about the treble for 23 years. If it was City with the potential of winning the quadruple then almost no one would want a Liverpool title.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hobo said:

Ok fine.

But Liverpool winning the title on the final day wouldve been at least more entertaining?

No, this was more entertaining. I would rate the entertainment options as such:

4. Man City steamroll and wins the league

3. City loses, Liverpool wins the league.

2. City making us think they will lose then win.

1. Both teams being magically relegated. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Meh.... I get this, I do. But fucking hell, pitch invasions have happened since day dot. Football is about the fans. I understand that there's a need to look after the players and officials welfare but also let's not fucking steralise football any more than it already has been. No one would give a fuck about any of these other minor instances if it wasn't for the cunt that nutted Billy Sharp.

I've been a season ticket holder for near 20 years and been to games long before that. The only time I've ever seen a pitch invasion was an absolutely embarrassing thing at a pre season friendly in Darlington, and I don't feel like I've missed out by it being sterilised. Football is about the fans, but there's no reason at all for a pitch invasion. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hahaha fuck off. The only reason anyone outside of Liverpool fans wanted Liverpool to win is because of the potential of you doing the quadruple. And even that's only because in some circles Liverpool fans are slightly less annoying than Man Utd fans that haven't shut up about the treble for 23 years. If it was City with the potential of winning the quadruple then almost no one would want a Liverpool title.

Up the slightly less annoying, option 3, double winning, title challenging, European finalist reds :shifty:

Also pitch invasions are for divvys. Celebrate in the stands. 

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

i am glad leeds have not gotten relegated! i hope you had a nice day.

24 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

then I am glad you had a nice day too as also Spurs won and Son got to share the Golden Boot with Mo Salah.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hobo said:

i am glad leeds have not gotten relegated! i hope you had a nice day.

then I am glad you had a nice day too as also Spurs won and Son got to share the Golden Boot with Mo Salah.

I was pleasantly surprised with this outcome and am very amused by Spurs social media acting like we have won the league!

I have been a football fan for 23 years and seen pitch invasions across that entire time. However, they are rare, have only occurred in situations where either my team or an opponent has won promotion or a trophy, and have always until this year been completely benign happenings with no physical altercations.

Something seems different now. I don't know if it's post-Covid, because more muppets are going to games or what, but that's now about half a dozen pitch invasions in the last couple of weeks with unsavoury incidents.

Billy Sharp horrendously assaulted at Forest, Olsen struck today, Vieira goaded into kicking a lad at Everton, Swindon players getting punched, an incident with players and fans at Huddersfield, I just don't get it.

This need for some idiots to go straight for the opponents, why? It's a game of football, it shouldn't evoke this kind of response in people to actually target others.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

Special mention to Brighton for salvaging something from this awful season for us.

Playing on Thursday nights isn't ideal but at least it's not the Conference League...

Honestly the way our season was, we probably deserved that more than West Ham did. There's the slight appeal in that tournament to be one of the first teams to have won all three. Erik Ten Hag has got a busy pre season 

I do think that's a massive reach (wanting to be the team to win all 3). What happens in 3 years when they bring in another for teams who finish 10th? Do we go for that too?

At least with the Europa we now have a chance to fight for a CL place in 23/24 and it doesnˋt all rest on the league.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Adam said:

I have been a football fan for 23 years and seen pitch invasions across that entire time. However, they are rare, have only occurred in situations where either my team or an opponent has won promotion or a trophy, and have always until this year been completely benign happenings with no physical altercations.

Something seems different now. I don't know if it's post-Covid, because more muppets are going to games or what, but that's now about half a dozen pitch invasions in the last couple of weeks with unsavoury incidents.

Billy Sharp horrendously assaulted at Forest, Olsen struck today, Vieira goaded into kicking a lad at Everton, Swindon players getting punched, an incident with players and fans at Huddersfield, I just don't get it.

This need for some idiots to go straight for the opponents, why? It's a game of football, it shouldn't evoke this kind of response in people to actually target others.

I think unfortunately you're in a period in which you see people in different forms of life get away with things without consequences i.e politics

There's definetly a drug problem within football. Euros was a prime example ala man with flare up his hoop banging on about how much coke he'd done. 

I think as well you've got people wanting to be part of something and have that social media moment. Ah look on my Instagram I've got a photo of me by the goalposts etc. 

If this keeps happening, fans as a whole will get tarnished and you'll get stuff like fences/cages put up. I mean I don't want to harp on about Hillsborough but football fans had a bad reputation in the 80s and so it was easy to go ah it's hooligans etc

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Adam said:

It feels like something's changed since COVID for me too, like people forgot how the rules of public decency work because of lockdowns. It's not just football either, it seems like any sport with a crowd is suffering the same effect.

What gets me the most, other than the increase in fan-on-player violence, is the number of pitch invasions by fans of teams that didn't even win anything. Forest, Port Vale and Huddersfield only won a play-off semi-final, and Everton were celebrating the absolute bare minimum a team should be achieving in a season.

4 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I think as well you've got people wanting to be part of something and have that social media moment. Ah look on my Instagram I've got a photo of me by the goalposts etc. 

One thing I noticed at the City game was some twat recording himself standing in the centre circle holding a corner flag, so yeah, the need for attention on social media is almost certainly part of it for the younger fans.

• Like 1

There's a definite "fuck the rules/law" sentiment going on in post-COVID world. I think we're a bit lucky so far that no one has been seriously hurt or even trampled to death.

38 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

There's a definite "fuck the rules/law" sentiment going on in post-COVID world. I think we're a bit lucky so far that no one has been seriously hurt or even trampled to death.

If the right Everton fans weren’t around to protect him and usher him away, it could easily have gotten ugly for Viera if the wrong Everton fans were around.