NFL 2021

Lineker

Makes sense.  Just about every new stadium does, provided there's a dome or it's warm weather.  MetLife was the one exception, and it was probably a one-time thing, they lucked out with unseasonably warm weather for that game.

Detroit, Indy, and Minnesota all got one Super Bowl within a few years of opening but they're unlikely to get another one either.  Not great tourist destinations, Minnesota had the coldest Super Bowl weather on record the day of the game, not a great experience for fans getting to and from the stadium.

Vegas were a lock to get one fairly quickly, their real goal should be to get into the rotation of regular Super Bowl venues with Phoenix, New Orleans, Florida etc

Yeah I doubt Indy, Minneapolis, or Detroit will see the Super Bowl again. If they do it'll be a one-off in a year more than one of the usual hosts can't for various reasons. Maybe the eventual new Bears stadium comes with a retractable roof specifically to host events like the Super Bowl and WrestleMania. That could get one. I'm sure their fans would absolute detest a roof though.

It's basically going to rotate between LA, Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and New Orleans in perpetuity. Until a new warm weather city builds a domed stadium to add themselves to the mix. I have a hunch the Florida stadiums are going to get phased out since they're outdoors and they've played games in the rain before. Get the feeling the league prefers it in the same type of climate-controlled facility every year.

26 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

This is literally 100% made up right? I mean did any of that actually happen?

It happened. Payton's daughter is in a relationship with Adam Sandler's brother-in-law and Sandler suggested he write a script about the story and this is what they landed on. I wouldn't really turn a suspension about putting bounties on players' heads as a heartwarming family film but here we are. 

There was a write-up about it at some point but all I can find is talk about the movie now. 

9 hours ago, damshow said:

Urban Meyer might be getting fired live on Dynamite tonight.

2 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

His greatest kick

5 hours ago, damshow said:

And now to see if his tenure ruined Trevor Lawrence for good.

If Lawrence was as good as advertised he'll get past this. It's only been a few months for him. It's not like Sam Darnold having to deal with Adam Gase for 2 entire seasons. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The stories that come out in the next few days will be amazing