NFL 2021

Lineker

27 minutes ago, livid said:

I think that's because Baker probably isn't the guy. They have a really good roster and their drafts have been good but the players haven't exactly been able to stay very healthy, either. 

If they figure out QB, they're still in a good spot but that's easier said than done.

Yeah the fact there hasn't been a lot about a Mayfield contract extension speaks volumes. Yes they won't be hit hard if they pay him his 5th year salary but will be if they have to tag him the year after.

It's pretty clear he's not the guy and is going to be out of the league or a backup in a few years, but what a rough spot for Cleveland to be in. Finding the next franchise QB isn't easy.

After a couple weeks of no updates had a feeling this was coming. Really hope he can play again. That injury was devastating last year and the fact he needs surgery on his ankle again doesn't bode well.

For his sake, glad he signed that contract the week before the injury. But man, what a huge cap number for a guy who can't play.

On the positive the line has been good this year after they got wrecked in week 1. Villanueva is serviceable at LT and the Center and RG positions, probably the most important for the Ravens offense, have been great. Please, no more injuries.

Surely any team signing Watson right now is taking a big risk? I think Tua is a potentially good pick-up for someone personally, think some are writing him off too soon.

Not surprised Mayfield and Beckham are struggling either. Mayfield came into the Cardinals game with that injury and took a mean Sack on his blindside that just flattened him in the second half, and Beckham got an awful landing right on his shoulder underneath two big defenders as well.

• Admin
10 hours ago, Adam said:

Surely any team signing Watson right now is taking a big risk? 

Alternatively if you're the Dolphins, trade for him this year, force the league to suspend him this year and have him miss games whilst they're sucking 1-5 in a hole anyway, and start 2022 totally afresh. 

Assuming he isn't sent to prison, that is.

2 hours ago, damshow said:

It sounds like any trade with Houston wouldn't include Tua. So that might be their hedge.

These second-rate franchises will always be second-rate, can't get out of their own way.

It really does feel this way. I know a lot of people say the Lions are cursed (and I mean...we are on the end of some weird shit as we both witnessed first hand with our teams this year) but they really make a lot of their own bad luck with shitty personnel decisions. Jeff Okudah at #3? Seriously? Herbert was right there, but we had a lameduck GM trying to save his own ass. 

Anyway, wanted to come in here and say it's sort of bittersweet seeing Stafford kick ass in LA. It's a bummer because he was our guy for years and we never really went anywhere. On the other hand I am happy for him because he was gracious and a good dude in general. So I feel like maybe I should root for the Rams? Not forever or anything, but even with wanting a better draft pick I can't help but be happy to see him doing well. I think a good playoff run or two would probably cement him as a hall of famer. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

It really does feel this way. I know a lot of people say the Lions are cursed (and I mean...we are on the end of some weird shit as we both witnessed first hand with our teams this year) but they really make a lot of their own bad luck with shitty personnel decisions. Jeff Okudah at #3? Seriously? Herbert was right there, but we had a lameduck GM trying to save his own ass. 

Anyway, wanted to come in here and say it's sort of bittersweet seeing Stafford kick ass in LA. It's a bummer because he was our guy for years and we never really went anywhere. On the other hand I am happy for him because he was gracious and a good dude in general. So I feel like maybe I should root for the Rams? Not forever or anything, but even with wanting a better draft pick I can't help but be happy to see him doing well. I think a good playoff run or two would probably cement him as a hall of famer. 

It's never wrong to root for one of your faves when they're on another team.

Also it's really impressive how markedly better Stafford is than Goff, and how McVay's offense that made Goff look good is totally moot. Stafford goes out there and dominates, it almost doesn't matter who his OC is. He got a ton of criticism for "having Calvin Johnson to throw to". And while Megatron was phenomenal, it's rather evident Stafford would've done just alright with almost anyone at WR.

55 minutes ago, damshow said:

It's never wrong to root for one of your faves when they're on another team.

Also it's really impressive how markedly better Stafford is than Goff, and how McVay's offense that made Goff look good is totally moot. Stafford goes out there and dominates, it almost doesn't matter who his OC is. He got a ton of criticism for "having Calvin Johnson to throw to". And while Megatron was phenomenal, it's rather evident Stafford would've done just alright with almost anyone at WR.

He had good WRs but yeah, check out Golden Tate or Nate Burelson or Marvin Jones stats with Stafford. Kupp is probably going to have one of his best years with Stafford.