Formula One 2022

Lineker

4 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

Alpha Tauri are just so desperate to give Red Bull a safety car : /

It feels like a mad conspiracy theory when I think the same, but after last week's "oh, our engines have some kind of unknown problem, better start from the pitlane" it feels like they really are doing it on purpose. There was no reason for Tsunoda to leave the pitlane when they obviously hadn't fixed anything.

I've come to terms with team orders in the same team, if we're expanding to junior teams helping their senior teams (or let's face it, one driver in that team) with actions like this then it's going too far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

It feels like a mad conspiracy theory when I think the same, but after last week's "oh, our engines have some kind of unknown problem, better start from the pitlane" it feels like they really are doing it on purpose. There was no reason for Tsunoda to leave the pitlane when they obviously hadn't fixed anything.

I've come to terms with team orders in the same team, if we're expanding to junior teams helping their senior teams (or let's face it, one driver in that team) with actions like this then it's going too far.

It’s like Tsunoda was in on it and no one told the rest of AT then Horner bollockrd then while Tsunoda was coming back in instead of stopping it up.

Yeah I agree. I’m sure before the race Mercedes would have taken second and fourth but I think it was worth seeing if Russell could have held the others up a bit. I’d still have put Verstappen favourite to win but I think Mercedes would have had a better chance. Softs were a good call for Russell but maybe not for the team.