Formula One 2022

Lineker

1 minute ago, Chris2K said:

I need that shot of Lewis walking back to the pits, but with the Incredible Hulk walking away music playing.

I said the same thing in my discord watch along.

I need it.

I love Spa and I think on principle its important we keep the races in the traditional heartlands of F1 rather than selling them off to authoritarian states like the Gulf monarchies and the USA. But hopefully we'll get a race that is fitting of such a good circuit next year rather than yesterday's procession.

• Like 3

He's a very good driver, but he has thrown so much additional pressure on himself in a car that has certainly fallen away under the new regulations.

It's similar to Benetton poaching Michael Schumacher from Jordan after one race, but at least in that example Benetton were definitively a bigger team, the difference between Alpine and McLaren is marginal.

Now that I've looked at this properly - it seems Piastri signed for McLaren on 4 July and told Alpine he was leaving.

Then Alpine announced Piastri on 2 August. Even though he told his he was leaving.

I think Piastri owes Alpine a bit more loyalty given they supported his career development but I can also understand why he got annoyed at them.

This is not a team that deals with Australian drivers going to McLaren in a sensible and mature way.

I was hoping for a Ferrari pole, but now I'm a little concerned about what tomorrow's race is going to be like with Max at the front and overtaking far from easy at Zaandvort.

Also, imagine paying hundreds of Euros for a ticket and still letting off a flare that gets you kicked out for the whole weekend.