X-BOX Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

On 17/08/2023 at 21:42, LL! said:

ONE OF US (even though I have an unopened Series S lying around)

Too much money.

Long shot but anyone got any Game Pass Ultimate trial codes? Got my Gold renewed but need a Game Pass code to trigger the conversion. Not sure if they give them away with physical releases nowadays?

• 2 weeks later...

I downgraded my Gamepass once they announced this. I don't play enough to justify Gamepass prices and the games just haven't been that great lately. This is a rock solid list of games that can easily fill in the gaps between new releases. 

As a result of an FTC cock-up, several details of upcoming Xbox hardware and games have been leaked (as of 2020):

Spoiler

A new all-digital Series X with 2TB storage and faster Wi-Fi

IGH8F1j.png

Spoiler

New Xbox controller with gyro and haptic feedback

Bethesda games:

Oblivion remaster

Fallout 3 remaster

Ghostwire Tokyo 2

Doom Zero Year

Licensed IP (Indiana Jones?)

Two unnamed games codenamed Project Platinum and Project Kestrel

2TB hard drive is welcome given the ever inflating size of games nowadays but digital only, whilst obviously better for MS directly, is less appealing for backwards compatibility. I don't have a Series X but there is something cool about the idea of being able to pop in a 360 game and suddenly be playing it at a higher frame rate and resolution.

Easily switching between devices with the controller would be neat, especially with more people using their controller between their console and a pc, phone, emulator device etc. 

And that games list really does really smack of a bit gap in the Bethesda release schedule before Elder Scrolls 6 huh?

EDIT: I know we talk about the PS5 being a bit router-y but that new console is giving those vibes as well. Though my Virgin Media router is a bit of a Series X clone as well TBF.

• 2 weeks later...