2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

That is much more in line with what he should be making, pleasantly surprised with this 

• Like 1

After spending so much money on Christian Kirk, the Jags have released Myles Jack. Gee, I wonder why Byron Leftwich insisted Baalke get canned.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

After spending so much money on Christian Kirk, the Jags have released Myles Jack. Gee, I wonder why Byron Leftwich insisted Baalke get canned.

Jack has sucked since they gave him that deal anyways. 

Cowboys agree to terms with Randy Gregory.  Agent says it’s a done deal.  Cowboys attempt to then alter the deal, Randy Gregory signs with Denver.

image.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I love the Glowinski and Feliciano signings for the Giants.  All signs point to it being another rough season for Big Blue as they attempt to play out the string before they can clear a lot of these awful, cap-killing Gettleman contracts next offseason.  But in the meantime those are two solid veteran linemen which might give Jones a chance to not get killed again.

2 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

I love the Glowinski and Feliciano signings for the Giants.  All signs point to it being another rough season for Big Blue as they attempt to play out the string before they can clear a lot of these awful, cap-killing Gettleman contracts next offseason.  But in the meantime those are two solid veteran linemen which might give Jones a chance to not get killed again.

If I were the Giants I would 100% just try to build a one-year team around putting Jones in a position to show what he can do. If he sucks you move on if he doesn't you might be able to sign him to a comparatively cheap extension.

• Like 2

That's pretty much the route they're going.  There is so much dead money on this roster they have no choice but to play what they have and hope for the best before starting the full rebuild next year.

As it is, the one misstep Joe Schoen has made so far was publicly acknowledging that he intended to clear $40 million in cap space.  Everyone worked out that he can't possibly achieve that without clearing James Bradberry's cap hit.  So instead of getting a 3rd round pick he was projected to get, teams are offering less expecting he'll just get cut anyway.

Bradberry was a lot worse last year than in 2020, but Wink's blitz-heavy defense requires top-level CB play.  If/when they actually dump Bradberry I think CB might now be in play for the 1st round.