2022 NFL Off-Season thread

The Buscher

24 minutes ago, Lineker said:

LMAO what

This is an all time offseason, shit is bananas.

wonder how Cleveland suddenly came back into contention.  If the Texans get Baker back that’s about as good as they could have done player wise.

Edit: and Baker isn’t involved in the deal.  Because why would the Texans do something sensible?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, livid said:

Not wanting Baker seems pretty sensible tbh

Not when you take the Texans QB history into account.  He’s by far the surest thing they can get right now.

26 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Cleveland is probably the safest city for him to be in; there's fuck all to do there. 

Hey!  Not so fast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, livid said:

Not wanting Baker seems pretty sensible tbh

Given that Davis Mills was pretty adequate and is on a rookie deal, I'd agree there. THough Baker might have more upside potentially

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Not when you take the Texans QB history into account.  He’s by far the surest thing they can get right now.

And if they were trying to win now, sure. But they're not. They're better off still sucking and being in a position to draft a guy a year from now than hoping Baker Mayfield is anything more than average. So take the pick(s). 

• Like 1

And I’m saying with how inept the Texans are, it’s better to take Mayfield and have a viable NFL starter than roll the dice on drafting one, regardless of what their short term plans are.

• Haha 1

Apparently Cleveland came back and told Watson they'd fully guarantee his money and he told Houston to trade him there since NO and Atlanta wouldn't do that.

Pretty nuts. Ravens had 4 gimmie games on their schedule where they now have to play Brady, Wilson, and Watson twice.

Also, side discussion, but I *think* we're approaching an era where every QB gets fully guaranteed money if they sign on long-term somewhere.

Tell 'em Skip

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

Apparently Cleveland came back and told Watson they'd fully guarantee his money and he told Houston to trade him there since NO and Atlanta wouldn't do that.

Pretty nuts. Ravens had 4 gimmie games on their schedule where they now have to play Brady, Wilson, and Watson twice.

Also, side discussion, but I *think* we're approaching an era where every QB gets fully guaranteed money if they sign on long-term somewhere.

Tell 'em Skip

Holy hell I don't think I've ever agreed with Skip before but unless you're the Cleveland front office there is no way you can get this one wrong

• Like 2