Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

That first goal should not have stood in my opinion. He's clearly affecting the play and goes to make a play on the ball and just stops very, very late.

But definitely a huge City collapse no matter what. Awful, awful defending on the second.

1 minute ago, Chris2K said:

What's perhaps more unsettling is that there are two officials covering the same game who both have different interpretations of the same law. That surely shouldn't be happening.

Quite.

To me, the interfering with play rule was all about stopping an offside from a player who is twenty yards from play leading to a disallowed goal, which makes a load of sense. However, when the ball is passed to you, you almost stumble over it and your team mate almost collides with you to kick the ball, that has to be an offside. Defenders are moving to deal with you, goalies have you in their sight, all that type of stuff.

That first goal IS the right call because of the very literal writing of the rule. But it's one of those "come on" moments. If the ball is between you, even if you're not touching it, I'd say you have possession. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some dialogue and potential updating to rules based on this.

6 minutes ago, damhausen said:

That first goal IS the right call because of the very literal writing of the rule. But it's one of those "come on" moments. If the ball is between you, even if you're not touching it, I'd say you have possession. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some dialogue and potential updating to rules based on this.

I think the problem is that this is an updated version of the rule. I know that doesn't mean it can't change, but they seemed to think they nailed it this time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I know it's only been ten minutes but it's so depressing how easy it is to pass around our midfield

This is an absolutely pathetic performance. Our midfield is embarrassing to watch, and so is Klopp continuing to persist with the exact same tactics that don't work.

I've already lost count of how many times Brighton have gotten in behind the back line, specifically Mitoma getting in behind Trent, either inside or outside him.

This is embarrassing to watch. Brighton have outplayed us without even getting out of second gear 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

C1EAC9BB-BDA8-4254-B654-EE256F1DD32D.jpe

Nope, absolutely not interfering with play.

Trent was given offside for letting a ball go out of play for what would have been our throw in from a deflected shot. Yet that stands. 

How; he couldn't be any more closer to the ball without actually touching it. To me that's being involved in the play, its essentially in his possession. 

the most entertaining part of that first half was when the commentator on the feed I'm watching spent time speculating that Brighton could've won a penalty while acknowledging that Solly March hadn't actually been fouled.

2 minutes ago, Hobo said:

the most entertaining part of that first half was when the commentator on the feed I'm watching spent time speculating that Brighton could've won a penalty while acknowledging that Solly March hadn't actually been fouled.

Solly March standing on Alisson's arm and claiming a penalty was interesting 

• Like 1