Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

There was a 15 or 20 minute period where we looked quite decent but no one for either team is really showing any quality so far. A mid game in all respects.

(It's also possible that Chelsea's good spell was mostly embellished by Liverpool being bad at defending set pieces.)

A game that pretty much is playing like you'd expect between two teams who have fell off the wagon this season. 

The quality has been lacking in this match. Think Chelsea are edging it though. 

Should move Salah in the middle, Gakpo left and Elliott to the right. 

I enjoyed that the Chelsea supporters sang both about Steven Gerrard slipping AoND sang God Save The King.

They should try a mash up of both of them next time

I think he is doing a terrific job :shifty:

In all seriousness though. Lampard is probably the least of the problems going on at Everton. They need Moshiri to sell up ASAP. 

Frank Lamps is the classic example of the sort of player you could reasonably expect to be a good manager because he gave the impression of knowing what was going on when he was a player. But obvs there's a bit more to it than vibes...

Anyway I thought this offered the best summary of the Everton situation I've seen https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jan/20/everton-engulfed-in-civil-war-that-could-have-catastrophic-end

Lampard has to go, but prime Pep wouldn't keep this sorry bunch up.

Moshiri said it wasn't his decision to make, work that out. The sooner that clown sells the better, Everton are in dire straits and I fully expect to be watching Championship football next season.

We have this weird habit of trying to stand crosses up to the back post but not having anyone even remotely close to the back post, everyone is usually on the edge of the area or around the penalty spot or at best the near side of the 6 yard box 

2 minutes ago, Colly said:

Bar the sponsor I quite like it, it's got 90s keeper vibes. Nicer than that mess you lot brought to SJP, though I presume you were wearing home shorts and socks to make it look worse.

Fair enough, I'd forgotten about the atrocity of our away kit 😂

• Haha 1

2 wins in 16. Brentford playing 3 centre halves and 2 holding midfielders so clearly we should tell our wingers to play narrow and try play everything through the middle, when that doesn't work probably what you're best off doing is not changing anything and just make like for like changes, don't bring on the lad you've just paid 30 million quid for, best off bringing on a lad who couldn't cut it as a forward so you've decided he's a centre midfielder despite having no attributes to suggest he can do that.

Thank fuck we're not in a relegation battle though, eh Jesse? You fucking useless cunt.