Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

I just can't believe how many supposed Chelsea fans want Potter's head served to them on a platter.

There are currently 10 senior players out injured. Azpi and Auba are clearly past it, Koulibaly looks out of his depth in the PL more often than not, and Havertz isn't cut out to be the main striker. None of this would be any different if Tuchel were still in charge and I'm not sure anyone else could do much better under these circumstances. The idea that Potter isn't good enough clearly comes from a privileged post-Abramovich viewpoint that Chelsea equals success, despite the fact that the issues have demonstrably been building for many years and the evidence that Man Utd, Arsenal, and Liverpool have all experienced it in the past too.

My main concerns are the ongoing injury crisis and the fact that several players clearly aren't good enough but fixing that takes time, and certainly isn't something you want to be doing in a January transfer window.

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

He's a bit of a knob but Martinez made a great save during the first half last night.

Second half too! I thought his diving save when he saw Gnoto's far post curler really late because of being screened was exceptional goalkeeping. 

I still maintain he's a far superior keeper to any keeper Arsenal have had since letting Szczesny go.