NFL 2022

Lineker

Rodgers is going on a 4-day "isolation retreat" before he decides if he wants to continue playing.  Essentially 4 days in complete silence and darkness, with the only form of contact to the outside world being a little slot in the door where food is dropped in.

Well, I guess if he enjoys this it's even more likely he'll be a Jet or Raider, as playing for those teams will put him right back into a dark place.

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Couldn't deal with total darkness or silence.  Absolutely sign me up for being away from people, traffic etc for a few days but at least give me my TV and PS5 so I can happily game in peace.

You're just describing my life since the pandemic.

isolation-the-simpsons.gif

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Rodgers is going on a 4-day "isolation retreat" before he decides if he wants to continue playing.  Essentially 4 days in complete silence and darkness, with the only form of contact to the outside world being a little slot in the door where food is dropped in.

Well, I guess if he enjoys this it's even more likely he'll be a Jet or Raider, as playing for those teams will put him right back into a dark place.

He's probably going to be getting loaded on psychedelic drugs.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

LARPing solitary confinement may be the whitest thing ever. 

• Haha 1

Bieniemy has said he hasn't taken any OC interviews.  But it would be an interesting career move for him should it transpire.

Obviously there's been a big problem for years with the relative lack of Black head coaches being hired around the league, but Bieniemy's been through so many interviews now you have to think there's other stuff at play here.  Maybe he's a bad interview, maybe teams are skittish about his past in Colorado.  The main talking point you always hear about him though is that teams don't believe he has much control over the offense with Reid there...no matter how much Reid, Mahomes, and others say to the contrary.

If he takes an OC job elsewhere it's clearly because he believes he needs to go somewhere else to "legitimize" his resume, for lack of a better term.

• Like 2

Yeah the media tries to drum up every single feasible storyline for the game, no matter how small.  I think when your team is involved it's one thing - I soaked up every single piece of media I could find when the Giants were in the game.  But when it's not your team playing it's just impossible to care.