Beijing Olympics 2008

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best reason for a touchline ban EVER:

"The New Zealand hockey manager has been banished from the field at a crucial men's match because officials objected to his players' underwear. Kevin Marr was ordered to watch the must-win match against Germany from the grandstand as punishment for three players wearing black undies beneath white shorts in an earlier match."

And my God, how boring is Taekwando? I thought it would be fun, like Greco-Roman Wrestling and Judo. But nope... The prance around for ages, throw about three kicks, none of which score any points, and then the round is over. The only thing more boring than the 'action', is the Scottish guy on colour commentary.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Best reason for a touchline ban EVER:

"The New Zealand hockey manager has been banished from the field at a crucial men's match because officials objected to his players' underwear. Kevin Marr was ordered to watch the must-win match against Germany from the grandstand as punishment for three players wearing black undies beneath white shorts in an earlier match."

And my God, how boring is Taekwando? I thought it would be fun, like Greco-Roman Wrestling and Judo. But nope... The prance around for ages, throw about three kicks, none of which score any points, and then the round is over. The only thing more boring than the 'action', is the Scottish guy on colour commentary.

Now, the underwear thing is just stupid. Seriously.

They clearly need to replace Tae Kwon Do with Ninjitsu. :shifty:

Or speed walking for that matter. I mean seriously?

Womens Gymnastics - Balance Beam (You knew it was coming)

SHAWN FREAKING JOHNSON!!! I was so happy that she won but was pissed when earlier in the day my dad came into the same room as my grandfather and myself and told us that the "Shawn Johnson girl" won the Gold. Kind of took away from the moment, but in itself, I am so glad she won. She clearly had the best all around routine and pretty much nailed everything except for the landing. After watching her interview afterwards with Bob Costas, looks like she is coming back in 2012 hopefully. Go Shawn!

If there can be at least 100 swimming and running events, you can have two different versions of baseball. What the hell is BMX racing doing in the Olympics?

Why not? If you can have all those cycling events you can have BMX. To an extent it's just the sprint version of mountain bike riding. At least it's better than synchronised swimming.

Edited by Zaz

GB still in for a bronez in the taekwondo if the Mexican can win in this fight.

And Michael Harvey is in the fight for the bronze! Yay! He's only 18 as well, go on son.

Edited by MDK

Judo is dull as shit. All they do is hug each other, a guy falls into a ball on the ground, break it up...repeat for about 9 hours as the clock keep stopping. I dread to think how awful Taekwando must be.

Just seen the syncranised swimming (i think that was it) and was really surprised how much it drew me in.

The Russians did a perfect routine and I think have the medal in the bag, they got straight 10s for technical skill and 9.9 overall in creativity. I was pretty much awestruck with it especially when I realised how long they had their head underwater
Edited by The General

***SPOILERS*** Softball - Australia vs Japan ***SPOILERS***

Aussies had a chance to wrap it up and they let Japan back in it, We are now into the top of the 12th with the Tiebreaker and Sudden Death rules in effect.

China are on 78 total medals compared to the US 79 if we were counting all medals as equal whether gold or bronze (as the US apaprantly does).

Anyway China have been top of the official IOC medal table throughout as that's done on Golds but when they go ahead of the US in total medals in the next couple of hours or so what will the US media use then to ensure they remain on top of the ranking in their country?

Aussies had a chance to wrap it up and they let Japan back in it, We are now into the top of the 12th with the Tiebreaker and Sudden Death rules in effect.

JAPAN HAVE WON IT!

I hate softball but that was quite exciting as the Japanese commentator kept going mental when good stuff happened for Japan.

JAPAN HAVE WON IT!

I hate softball but that was quite exciting as the Japanese commentator kept going mental when good stuff happened for Japan.

Fantastic game, It's a shame that the Aussies lost but Japan deserve the win, We gave them a few chances to get back in it when we got a run in Sudden Death.

***SPOILERS*** Basketball - Australia vs The US of A ***SPOILERS***

I fucking hate how our broadcast network keep calling the US team "The Dream Team" in the on screen graphics, At least the announcers are calling them "The US", The Americans are up by about 8 with 3 left in the 2nd qtr, We are making some stupid mistakes.